Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4

Please Kill Me Now 
"Need my dopamine fix!"

Canada

Posted - 27/02/2012 :  21:58:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Extremely difficult to navigate or see anything clearly on this new site!

Please, Benj, go back to the old style! Or I may stop reviewing!

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 27/02/2012 :  22:07:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm interested to hear what parts of the site you find difficult to navigate. Let me know what and why and perhaps I'll be able to make improvements based on this.

In the meantime, if you truly find the site unusable the old site is still available at http://www.fwxr.com
Go to Top of Page

Ken 
"hoME caME MEander deMEnted"

United States

Posted - 27/02/2012 :  23:44:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to be able to see my pending reviews, and the accolades I created. I would also like to be able to delete rejected submissions. The new site LOOKS great, but so far, at least, it doesn't function as well as the old.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 27/02/2012 :  23:55:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ken

I would like to be able to see my pending reviews, and the accolades I created. I would also like to be able to delete rejected submissions. The new site LOOKS great, but so far, at least, it doesn't function as well as the old.

Your pending reviews should show in the first page of myfwfr. If you don't see them there, you might need to make them visible by clicking the Pencil icon on the right in the top banner (just below Logout) and then ensure the Do Not icon isnt enabled to the left of Pending Reviews.

To delete a declined review (or any review), click the Pencil icon to the right of the review and then click the red Cross button to the right of the review.
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 27/02/2012 :  23:57:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I would like to view it on the program I always use....Firefox. Other than that I love it. People always hate change but you need to get used to it.
Go to Top of Page

w22dheartlivie 
"Kitty Lover"

United States

Posted - 28/02/2012 :  02:02:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While it may take a little getting used to, I'm learning. The one thing I can't figure out is how to report a review. You know, for spelling errors, or incorrect ones. Pointers would be helpful.

Go to Top of Page

Please Kill Me Now 
"Need my dopamine fix!"

Canada

Posted - 28/02/2012 :  05:09:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

I'm interested to hear what parts of the site you find difficult to navigate. Let me know what and why and perhaps I'll be able to make improvements based on this.

In the meantime, if you truly find the site unusable the old site is still available at http://www.fwxr.com

I will continue using the old site at fwxr.com. It was fine the way it was; it didn't need to be changed.

The new site design is a total eyesore, and very difficult to use.

Edited by - Please Kill Me Now on 29/02/2012 03:40:25
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 28/02/2012 :  12:37:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is a much more detailed thread here, so creating this thread was completely redundant.

As much as I am loath to agree with P.K.M.N., I hate the new site too. (The reason is that everything is far too large and in-yer-face, much like his posts, ironically.) However, I can tolerate if it means that he stops reviewing!
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 28/02/2012 :  13:18:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

As much as I am loath to agree with P.K.M.N., I hate the new site too. (The reason is that everything is far too large and in-yer-face, much like his posts, ironically.) However, I can tolerate if it means that he stops reviewing!

Can I ask what screen resolution you're using? Most websites (including this one) are designed for a screen width of 1024 pixels or more these days.

Interestingly, the standard view reviews themselves are roughly the same size (albeit more rectangular than square now) as before and the review itself is exactly the same font size. Also, there's actually now *less* distance from the top of the page to the main content (that generally being the reviews). In the grand scheme of things, it's only really the sidebar and page title that I've increased in size.

I can only assume it's the additional padding around things and the fixed page width that makes everything appear bigger.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 28/02/2012 :  14:15:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

Can I ask what screen resolution you're using? Most websites (including this one) are designed for a screen width of 1024 pixels or more these days.

Interestingly, the standard view reviews themselves are roughly the same size (albeit more rectangular than square now) as before and the review itself is exactly the same font size. Also, there's actually now *less* distance from the top of the page to the main content (that generally being the reviews). In the grand scheme of things, it's only really the sidebar and page title that I've increased in size.

I can only assume it's the additional padding around things and the fixed page width that makes everything appear bigger.

No idea about the screen resolution, but I use lots of different computers and they all show the old design in a size I'm used to. It's not the size of the reviews -- more the huge text for cast, statistics &c., big areas of things that I'm not interested in and just the general busyness. In all honesty, I haven't got used to processing it yet. But it's your site and, besides, the bullying attitude of certain members has long since removed the warmth that I once held for it. Anyway, more important than my dislike of the new design is that now you can hopefully do all those things that for years you have been saying have to wait until it is done.

Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 28/02/2012 :  14:46:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Anyway, more important than my dislike of the new design is that now you can hopefully do all those things that for years you have been saying have to wait until it is done.

Good point... now I just need to find the list!
Go to Top of Page

Little Old Lady from Dubuque 

Dubuque, Iowa, USA

Posted - 28/02/2012 :  18:12:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I completely agree with "Please Kill Me Now" ... the new design is a major pain in the astrick! Please go back to the old format!

As PKMN says "Please, Benj, go back to the old style! Or I may stop reviewing!"
Go to Top of Page

Bavvy 
"Can't talk. Watching movie."

Posted - 29/02/2012 :  20:06:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not fond of the way the subject is raised, but I really dont like the new lay-out as well. I cant seem to find anything, and as a child of modern times I dont have the patience to find it out.

I think the new site is very crowded and is not easy to overview. I am sorry Benj, I have been with this site sinde the start and I love all you have done, but this makeover is not a good move. Sadly, my first reaction was to stop reviewing, too. I think (hope) this was an idle thought, but I point it out just to mark how I feel about this change.

Barry
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 29/02/2012 :  20:56:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bavvy

I am not fond of the way the subject is raised, but I really dont like the new lay-out as well. I cant seem to find anything, and as a child of modern times I dont have the patience to find it out.

I think the new site is very crowded and is not easy to overview. I am sorry Benj, I have been with this site sinde the start and I love all you have done, but this makeover is not a good move. Sadly, my first reaction was to stop reviewing, too. I think (hope) this was an idle thought, but I point it out just to mark how I feel about this change.

Barry

I'm starting to get major d�j� vu here, but if you absolutely can't bear the new site, the old one is still available at http://www.fwxr.com

I don't expect to win everyone over all at once and this is why I'm keeping that version available so we can get the new site to a place it's a more than adequate replacement for the old.

I apologise if you're having difficulty finding things but you only need to ask. I think you'll soon find everything's actually in a more logical place than it was before.

I really don't get this idea that the site is now somehow busier or more crowded- I've actively worked to *reduce* the amount of text and links on each page. Perhaps if you can tell me where the new site is more crowded then I can try to understand better your dislike for the new site and look at remedies.
Go to Top of Page

Please Kill Me Now 
"Need my dopamine fix!"

Canada

Posted - 29/02/2012 :  21:59:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

There is a much more detailed thread here, so creating this thread was completely redundant.

Oh stop whining, Slop!
Nobody really cares what you think anyway!

Kiss this if you don't like it!
Go to Top of Page

thefoxboy 
"Four your eyes only."

Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne, Australia

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  01:02:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with PKMN.
btw....I love the new site.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic