Tucker and Dale vs Evil (2010)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

damalc 
"last watched: Sausage Party"

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  17:02:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I checked a few best-horror-movies-of-2011 lists, made a list of interesting titles for which to search my local store and finally made it to this one.
T&D was one of the most entertaining things I had watched in a long time. For fans of scary movies, this gets my highest possible recommendation � whatever weight that carries � and, everybody else should see it too.

"The Skin I Live In" and "Martha Marcy May Marlene" were 2 others I enjoyed from my list, though calling either of those horror is a stretch.

Edited by - damalc on 19/03/2012 17:38:08

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 19/03/2012 :  17:35:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Agreed, T&DvE is seriously good fun although I'm still not sure it classifies as horror- more dark comedy I'd say.

What most impressed me about it was that it was a really nice twist on the well-trodden inbred-hicks-as-villains cliche. Basically, Deliverance but written as an ever-escalating comedy of errors from the point of view of the (deeply misunderstood) rednecks. Frankly, the writers of Frasier would be proud of this.

Sadly, the big showdown brings it precariously close to standard teen horror fare a little but it's built up so much goodwill along the way via the many ridiculous deaths (the wood chipper scene being a particular high note) you won't much care.

Big thumbs up from me too
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 20/03/2012 :  22:04:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once I understood it [like most poeple, I was fooled by the first :30], I just loved it. [Something surprising happens that makes you shriek and laugh, then you're in the movie's hands.]

I'm gonna watch it again. And yes, it's definitely a dark comedy.

Edited by - randall on 20/03/2012 22:06:09
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000