Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  00:36:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Benj,

I noticed tonight that the search box is playing up - it's being very picky about the results it will find and display. My example from tonight - the new film "Calvary"... typing that into the box produced no results, which would make sense if the film wasn't in the database, but it comes up on the old site (I found it earlier today when searching on my phone - I tend to use fwxr.com for mobile use as it is less graphic heavy and easier to navigate screens without the swipe screen). Back to the new site, and a search for Brendan Gleeson under the artists tab as an alternative way to access the film page, but the search box produces no drop down results and a blank page of results if you hit return for Brendan, or Gleeson, or both words. Any thoughts? I suspect this is a much bigger issue I've stumbled on. Thanks!

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  00:45:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah it seemed to happen after the update. I mentioned it here

http://www.fwfr.com/fourum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=26277&whichpage=2
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  00:52:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Sean, I did notice the site was down first thing this morning but didn't make the connection.

Quite separately Benj, but something I just noticed - I got "Calvary" into my flagged films list on the new site by clicking on the blue bullet on the old site which worked like it should, but it reminded me to point out that the "arrange by date added" in the flagged films list has never worked on the new site. The addition of the film to my list tonight has put it where it should be, at the top of the list, but usually it drops it entirely randomly into the list. Small fish, I know, but in case that hasn't come up before...
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  09:45:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for letting me know about the search- should be working again now.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  09:51:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by demonic

Quite separately Benj, but something I just noticed - I got "Calvary" into my flagged films list on the new site by clicking on the blue bullet on the old site which worked like it should, but it reminded me to point out that the "arrange by date added" in the flagged films list has never worked on the new site. The addition of the film to my list tonight has put it where it should be, at the top of the list, but usually it drops it entirely randomly into the list. Small fish, I know, but in case that hasn't come up before...

This might be down to a confusingly labelled link. Currently Date Added refers to the date the film was added to the site and not when it was added by you to your flagged films list. I'll have to see about changing this as clearly the latter makes a lot more sense.
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  19:35:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Aha! Yes, that would explain it. Thanks Benj. :)
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  02:29:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Extra big thanks, having just realised the search box is smart searching now, which it wasn't before - in other words updating with each additional letter rather than requiring whole words. That is awesome.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000