New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 08/03/2021 :  16:07:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Put any five reviews you like in your F.Y.C. list. | Do not use reviews from the previous round: you must change them every round. | Post here to declare that you’ve done it: sooner is better than later. | Provide spoiler warnings in your post when appropriate. | Read the F.Y.C.s of all participants. | The next round starts on Monday at noon or later, F.W.F.R. time.

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 11/03/2021 :  21:14:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Lemmy in for #1403.

Before Midnight--Ralph Bellamy’s Inspector Trent solves a double murder case quickly in a movie that clocks in at just over an hour. He bears no relation to English amateur sleuth Philip Trent who first appeared in 1913 in E.C. Bentley’s book Trent’s Last Case, filmed several times.

Edward Everett Horton is a Broadway Producer who is forced by a smitten gangster to attend a rehearsal of an amateur play with a hilarious ZaSu Pitts incompetently singing the lead. I figured that one of my few Dr. Seuss reviews was appropriate this round.

The Review of the 2004 remake of The Stepford Wives works on two levels since the film bears very little resemblance to Ira Levin’s novel.

Touki-Bouki is a remarkable 1973 Nigerian film that has similarities, both stylistic and thematic, to Godard’s Pierrot le Fou,

The Wet Parade looks at how alcohol abuse and the resultant Prohibition in the U.S. ruins two families, one from the North and one from the South. Griffith structured The Birth of a Nation around two geographically similar families.

Edited by - lemmycaution on 14/03/2021 00:00:44
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 14/03/2021 :  05:45:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gordon Bennett! is a British expression meaning What the fuck?!

Brad Pitt's character is a chauffeur of sorts.

Spoiler for Psycho (here and in the review): Bates takes on his mother's personality and clothes.

The android waiter gets punched and also gets damaged by the artificial gravity malfunctioning.

The five sisters are trained in weaponry and martial arts in order to defend against the undead.

Cliff diving is a thing.

Here are my five reviews.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000