New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Sludge 
"Charlie Don't Serf!"

United States

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  02:35:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was going to post this under the latest MHC topic, but prefer not to muck up the great poetry I know is coming soon for Private Ryan.

A comment on these rules. In a prior round I was under the belief that one is disqualified if one doesn't vote. Above it says 3 points are lost from the total. I suggest going with disqualifying. Users (myself included) (or perhaps especially) may flake out or disappear, which would leave the game hanging if they were ahead by more than three.

I like some flexibility here in the haiku zone, so I don't mean 9pm FWFR Wednesday or die... I just mean if you're the only user who's not in there within a "reasonable" range of all the others, by the following morning for instance, that's it. Say 4 laggers were messaged Wednesday night, 3 laggers get votes in by Thursday morning... and the host is ready to count Thursday afternoon. In that case, I'd say disqualify Lagger No. 4.

Any thoughts on this?

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 08/02/2007 :  08:58:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sludge

I was going to post this under the latest MHC topic, but prefer not to muck up the great poetry I know is coming soon for Private Ryan.

A comment on these rules. In a prior round I was under the belief that one is disqualified if one doesn't vote. Above it says 3 points are lost from the total. I suggest going with disqualifying. Users (myself included) (or perhaps especially) may flake out or disappear, which would leave the game hanging if they were ahead by more than three.

I like some flexibility here in the haiku zone, so I don't mean 9pm FWFR Wednesday or die... I just mean if you're the only user who's not in there within a "reasonable" range of all the others, by the following morning for instance, that's it. Say 4 laggers were messaged Wednesday night, 3 laggers get votes in by Thursday morning... and the host is ready to count Thursday afternoon. In that case, I'd say disqualify Lagger No. 4.

Any thoughts on this?

Of course this may well be the ONLY way I'll ever get any haiku votes!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000