Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

redPen 
"Because I said so!"

United States

Posted - 19/04/2007 :  09:47:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Here's my idea:
WITHOUT CHECKING IMDb OR WATCHING THE FILM, try to answer the question. The answer is provided in (beige) coloring below the question (just highlight the answer with click-and-drag to view). Then post your own "master-level" trivia!

In Top Gun, many of the pilots' real names are used, but some names of major characters are hardly used at all.

1) What is "Goose"'s first and last name?
2) What is his wife's name?
3) What is his son's name?

Answer:
1) Goose's real name is never referred to in the film out loud, but in the scene where Maverick takes the photo from the mirror after Goose's death, you can see Goose's ID patch on the dresser. His name, NICK BRADLEY, is clearly visible.

2) Only mentioned once in the film, Goose's wife's name is Carole.

3) Goose's son's name is a bit of a poser. In the "Great Balls of Fire" scene, Goose (on piano) says to his son: "Sing with the family Bradley," but is it meant to be "Sing with the family, Bradley," in which case his son's name would be Bradley Bradley, or "Sing with the Family Bradley," in which case the son's name is never revealed?

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Ireland

Posted - 19/04/2007 :  09:51:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

No Idea.

And I've one for you (slightly easier)

What is the theme tune of Mrs Victor Lazlo?
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 19/04/2007 :  11:07:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beanmimo

No Idea.

And I've one for you (slightly easier)

What is the theme tune of Mrs Victor Lazlo?

As Time Goes By.

Someone else [Ilsa] can post the next one till my brain wakes up

Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Ireland

Posted - 19/04/2007 :  11:11:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by redPen

Here's my idea:
WITHOUT CHECKING IMDb OR WATCHING THE FILM, try to answer the question. The answer is provided in (beige) coloring below the question (just highlight the answer with click-and-drag to view). Then post your own "master-level" trivia!

In Top Gun, many of the pilots' real names are used, but some names of major characters are hardly used at all.

1) What is "Goose"'s first and last name?
2) What is his wife's name?
3) What is his son's name?

Just read your answers hmmm....they are a little obscure.

kind of like

Who played Alex in The Big Chill?
Go to Top of Page

redPen 
"Because I said so!"

United States

Posted - 19/04/2007 :  11:30:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That would be Kevin Costner . . . at least his hair and wrist! In fact, real flashback scenes were filmed using Costner, but they were edited out. To make it up to ol' Kev, Lawrence Kasdan gave him a part in "Silverado," which launched him to stardom.

Next:
What mega-famous actor did the voiceovers for the original Star Trek: The Motion Picture trailers? (Hint: He had nothing whatsoever to do with Trek!)

Answer:
Orson Welles

Edited by - redPen on 19/04/2007 11:49:48
Go to Top of Page

redPen 
"Because I said so!"

United States

Posted - 20/04/2007 :  07:32:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"More," you say, my little Oliver Twists? "More"?????

1) Who was originally approached for the role of Tony in West Side Story, but his manager demanded too much money?

2) Who was originally approached by Barbra Streisand to star as the washed-up singer in the remake of A Star is Born, but was dropped when he wanted $1 million and equal billing?

3) What singer was hot to star as Don Vito Corleone in the original Godfather, but couldn't even get an audition?

Answers:
1), 2) and 3) Elvis Presley
Go to Top of Page

ragingfluff 
"Currently lost in Canada"

Posted - 20/04/2007 :  17:32:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Name this actor. He appeared in only 5 movies, all 5 of which were nominated for Best Picture and had all kinds of Oscar glory bestowed upon them, yet he was never nominated for an Oscar for his performances

Answer:
JOHN CAZALE
Go to Top of Page

redPen 
"Because I said so!"

United States

Posted - 21/04/2007 :  07:31:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good one, fluff! A sad, early departure.

I love these "alternate Hollywood universe" questions:

What was the original title of Pretty Woman?
Answer: "3,000" (named for the amount of money Gere paid for a week with Roberts)

Who was originally cast as Capt. Willard in Apocalypse Now, but was fired and replaced by Martin Sheen?
Answer: Harvey Keitel

Who turned down the lead role in An Officer and a Gentleman, thus delaying the recovery of his waning career?
Answer: John Travolta

Who turned down the role of "Maverick" in Top Gun, thus giving Hollywood supermegastardom to Tom Cruise, and virtually disappearing himself?
Answer: Scott Baio

Who was originally cast as the interviewer in Interview with a Vampire, but after his untimely death, had to be replaced by Christian Slater?
Answer: River Phoenix
Go to Top of Page

redPen 
"Because I said so!"

United States

Posted - 24/04/2007 :  10:31:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think anyone would argue that poor Shelly Duvall was born to play Olive Oyl in Robin Williams' sickly Popeye, but who did the studio fight to get cast?
Answer:
Gilda Radner

John Travolta did a great job as a Clintonesque Presidential candidate in Primary Colors, but who did the studio originally want, and coincidentally who did Clinton say in an interview he'd love to see portray him in a movie? (The actor actually wanted to do the part very much, but couldn't due to scheduling.)
Answer:
Tom Hanks

In order to get Al Pacino to agree to do The Godfather Part III, which he absolutely did not want to do, to what joke-at-the-time actor did Francis Ford Coppola tell Pacino he would give the role of aging Michael Corleone?
Answer:
John Travolta

Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Ireland

Posted - 25/04/2007 :  18:59:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I have no brain burners for you today but thanks to RedPen and Fluff for the above!!

Nice tit bits.
Go to Top of Page

MisterBadIdea 
"PLZ GET MILK, KTHXBYE"

Posted - 25/04/2007 :  19:42:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Um... it's "tidbits," Beanmimo.
Go to Top of Page

MisterBadIdea 
"PLZ GET MILK, KTHXBYE"

Posted - 26/04/2007 :  05:21:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In 1987, films by such renowned directors as Barry Levinson, Norman Jewison and Brian De Palma made the list of top 10 grossing films in the US. But the number one movie of the year was directed by none other than that endlessly respected auteur... Leonard Nimoy. Yeah, seriously. What was the film?
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 26/04/2007 :  06:47:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MisterBadIdea

Um... it's "tidbits," Beanmimo.

Not over here, it ain't, I was shocked to discover. Shocked I tell ya! Hell, there's [or used to be] even a magazine called Titbits ... and it had zilch to do with tits. It was just one of those all purpose shopping and gossip rags.

Americans say tidbit probably for the same reason the Victorians used to cover piano legs with little dresses -- for modesty! [oh yes, they did!]

Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 26/04/2007 :  08:36:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MisterBadIdea

In 1987, films by such renowned directors as Barry Levinson, Norman Jewison and Brian De Palma made the list of top 10 grossing films in the US. But the number one movie of the year was directed by none other than that endlessly respected auteur... Leonard Nimoy. Yeah, seriously. What was the film?

Three men and a baby?
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 26/04/2007 :  09:06:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What do Carol Burnett, Faye Dunaway and Patty Duke have in common?
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 26/04/2007 :  09:38:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateLady

What do Carol Burnett, Faye Dunaway and Patty Duke have in common?

They all won a Theatre World Award in 1959/60?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000