Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 44

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 26/08/2007 :  18:48:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This trio [Barbra Streisand, Paul Newman, Sidney Poitier] was eventually joined by this duo [Steve McQueen, Dustin Hoffman].

What did they have in common with this quartet [Charles Chaplin, Douglas Fairbanks, Mary Pickford, D.W. Griffith].

Go to Top of Page

ragingfluff 
"Currently lost in Canada"

Posted - 26/08/2007 :  18:56:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaftaBabe

This trio [Barbra Streisand, Paul Newman, Sidney Poitier] was eventually joined by this duo [Steve McQueen, Dustin Hoffman].

What did they have in common with this quartet [Charles Chaplin, Douglas Fairbanks, Mary Pickford, D.W. Griffith].

The last four names were the founders of United Artists. I assume Steisand, Newman, Poitier, McQueen and Hoffman formed their own studio...or did they take over United Artists???

Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 26/08/2007 :  19:44:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ragingfluff

quote:

The last four names were the founders of United Artists. I assume Steisand, Newman, Poitier, McQueen and Hoffman formed their own studio...or did they take over United Artists???

... and, what do you conclude?

Go to Top of Page

ragingfluff 

Posted - 26/08/2007 :  19:52:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I conclude that they took over United Artists...which is now run by the Evil Dwarf
Go to Top of Page

redPen 
"Because I said so!"

United States

Posted - 28/08/2007 :  11:04:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What two stars of Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet (1996) were not allowed to be on the set at the same time during filming, and why?
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 28/08/2007 :  11:29:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by redPen

What two stars of Kenneth Branagh's Hamlet (1996) were not allowed to be on the set at the same time during filming, and why?

Uhm ... it's a nice question, RedPen ... but neither you nor RagingFluff has precisely answered the previous question. The new bunch did NOT take over United Artists. Honestly, it's not that difficult!

Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Ireland

Posted - 28/08/2007 :  15:14:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Uhm ... it's a nice question, RedPen ... but neither you nor RagingFluff has precisely answered the previous question. The new bunch did NOT take over United Artists. Honestly, it's not that difficult!

They formed First Artists Production Company so the actors could secure properties and develop movie projects for themselves
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 28/08/2007 :  15:27:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beanmimo

quote:

quote:

They formed First Artists Production Company so the actors could secure properties and develop movie projects for themselves

Well done, Beanie. Now you get to duke it out with RedPen to see whose turn it is. I think you're both adorable, so ... whomsoever, dude

Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Ireland

Posted - 28/08/2007 :  16:05:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Beanmimo

quote:

quote:

Well done, Beanie. Now you get to duke it out with RedPen to see whose turn it is. I think you're both adorable, so ... whomsoever, dude

Just to be fair Fluff did actually get the closest, I just did a little more digging than him.

I'll let whomever pose the next question and be happy in my smugnicity.
Go to Top of Page

ragingfluff 

Posted - 02/09/2007 :  16:55:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the question about Branagh's Hamlet. I have no idea what the answer is, but I'm very curious.
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 03/09/2007 :  06:56:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ragingfluff

I like the question about Branagh's Hamlet. I have no idea what the answer is, but I'm very curious.

I'm guessing Billy Crystal was one of them, but I don't know who was the other. My guess comes from knowing that when Crystal did Princess Bride and director Rob Reiner said he couldn't be on the set during his scenes since he cracked him up too much.
Go to Top of Page

ragingfluff 

Posted - 13/09/2007 :  14:44:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

WHAT'S the answer to this question?????

Go to Top of Page

Stalean 
"Back...OMG"

United States

Posted - 13/09/2007 :  17:43:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe ChoclolateLady's guess of Billy Crystal is correct on both counts, the other one was Robin Williams for the same reason. Actually, if I remember correctly, they were not allowed to be together at the same time on the set. Nevermind, I see that was the question in the first place.

Edited by - Stalean on 13/09/2007 17:48:54
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 13/09/2007 :  17:54:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I can understand wher Billy and Robin were coming from. Hamlet cracks me up too.
Go to Top of Page

redPen 
"Because I said so!"

United States

Posted - 14/09/2007 :  07:01:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Whoa, sorry, kids! Neglectful of me. Yes, Robin and Billy were the two culprits!

ChocoLady and StaLean were right, but Choco was in with the reason. They would have cracked everyone up and held up production.

Madame Chocolate, next question?

Edited by - redPen on 14/09/2007 07:03:27
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 44 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000