Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 17/06/2007 :  06:12:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think this topic should be sticky. Every few months newbies stumble into the fourms and eventually ask us this same question. EVery tiem I tell the story it gets shorter and shorter. I cant remember the specifics of my story anymore. Or maybe there is an archive of everyones story from a long time ago that could be sticky. Rockfsh and others could just add their stories along the way. Is this a good idea?
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 17/06/2007 :  08:36:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TitanPa

I think this topic should be sticky. Every few months newbies stumble into the fourms and eventually ask us this same question. EVery tiem I tell the story it gets shorter and shorter. I cant remember the specifics of my story anymore. Or maybe there is an archive of everyones story from a long time ago that could be sticky. Rockfsh and others could just add their stories along the way. Is this a good idea?

YES! Good idea, TPa
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 17/06/2007 :  11:24:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think a friend told me about it, but I'm not sure - it was four and a half years ago.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 17/06/2007 :  15:39:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TitanPa

Stuck now.
Go to Top of Page

Josh the cat 
"ice wouldn't melt, you'd think ....."

East Yorkshire, England.

Posted - 17/06/2007 :  19:22:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For the record now it's stuck, in 2002 I was listening to BBC radio 2 and FWFR was the website of the day, I visited wrote a few reviews (at that stage all reviews were automatically accepted) then left.

I returned reasonably regularly then 2004 during a really crappy year at work with my then Head of Department FWFR was refound and I became addicted.

I have reclaimed 2 reviews form 2002, one has been edited and is now with it's new date.

Cheers

Josh the cat
Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Ireland

Posted - 17/06/2007 :  22:11:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

My sister found it and then told me about it knowing that i'd love it. How well she knows me.
Go to Top of Page

thefoxboy 
"Four your eyes only."

Eastern Suburbs, Melbourne, Australia

Posted - 17/06/2007 :  23:12:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A small article in the Herald Sun newspaper Melbourne, March/April 2004.

thefoxboy
Go to Top of Page

MM0rkeleb 
"Better than HBO."

Palo Alto, CA

Posted - 18/06/2007 :  22:01:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last year I was spending a lot of time on a site called Pointless Waste of Time and followed a link they'd posted. The rest, as they say, is history.
Go to Top of Page

Markandlain 
"Lacking in four sight"

Brisbane, Qld, Australia

Posted - 19/06/2007 :  12:59:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Courier Mail newspaper in Brisbane mentioned it. Had a look. Laughed a lot. Told my brother, who morphed into Conan and the rest is history.
Go to Top of Page

ragingfluff 
"Currently lost in Canada"

Posted - 03/07/2007 :  22:38:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's all Beanmimo's fault. He got me hooked, hooked I tell ya'

Go to Top of Page

Pope George Ringo 
"the Pope on stage"

Texas

Posted - 14/07/2007 :  12:40:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Whippersnapper

Now you're not going to believe this but my cat, Tigga, was walking across the keyboard and somehow, by pure chance, pressed "www.fwfr.com" and then pressed the return key.

I knew you wouldn't believe me.

Of course noones gonna believe this story....noone has a cat named Tigga.

Go to Top of Page

rockfsh 
"Laugh, Love, Cheer"

United States

Posted - 14/07/2007 :  16:18:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Pope George Ringo wrote: Of course noones gonna believe this story....noone has a cat named Tigga.

Who's Noone? A disciple of the flying spaghetti monster, no doubt (As in Noone is a true disciple of the FSM)

Edited by - rockfsh on 14/07/2007 17:47:41
Go to Top of Page

Rovark 
"Luck-pushing, rule-bending, chance-taking reviewer"

UK

Posted - 26/07/2007 :  22:32:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I found fwfr having read about it in the Guardian in April/May 2002. I submitted a couple of reviews - my earliest remaining one being on May 15th 2002. I returned once or twice over the next couple of months, but then I found the top 100 reviewers list and had to get in there. Then into the top 50. By then I was hooked and have just been a steady player ever since.

Oh and I got into the the top 100 reviewers list with a grand total of 21 reviews
Go to Top of Page

Falken 
"Intestinal Fourtitude."

Ottawa, Canada

Posted - 16/08/2007 :  06:21:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think I first heard about FWFR on a thread from the Space: The Imagination Station website (the Canadian Sci-Fi channel). People were posting their own examples (28 Days Later: Makes for weak movie ), so I thought I would check it out for myself...

Falken

Edited by - Falken on 16/08/2007 06:22:09
Go to Top of Page

LadyMeerkat 
"Quirky perky goth artist."

Australia

Posted - 20/08/2007 :  09:30:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was looking up references to Halle Berry's infamous book reading, breast flashing scene in Swordfish and this site came up in google.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000