The Four Word Film Review Fourum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to my fwfr
Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 FWFR Related
 Site Maintenance
 Duplicate Reviews
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 75

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 12/09/2004 :  17:59:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

Is queenofcats's "Johnny Five is alive" for Short Circuit different enough from noncentz's "Number 5 is alive"? They are just different ways of referring to the same character.


Fixed.

Go to Top of Page

Salopian 
"Four ever Salopian"

Posted - 12/09/2004 :  19:36:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Presumably this is a typo.

The accent here is on the wrong letter.

Go to Top of Page

Downtown 
"Welcome back, Billy Buck"

The Hub of the Universe

Posted - 13/09/2004 :  04:07:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like cheese and I had identical reviews for "Hoop Dreams" approved on the same day. Looks like his was approved first...I was about to delete mine, when it occured to me that they weren't necessarily submitted in the same order they ended up being approved. Benj can you check this? It's no problem if mine's the one that has to go I'd just appreciate it if you could make sure.

Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 13/09/2004 :  08:34:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Downtown

Looks like cheese and I had identical reviews for "Hoop Dreams" approved on the same day. Looks like his was approved first...I was about to delete mine, when it occured to me that they weren't necessarily submitted in the same order they ended up being approved. Benj can you check this? It's no problem if mine's the one that has to go I'd just appreciate it if you could make sure.



Pretty much everything (save for the odd 'in' film, of which this one wasn't) has been approved in chronological order of late, so the approval order is as near as dammit submit order also.

Go to Top of Page

Cheese_Ed 
"The Provolone Ranger"

Guernsey

Posted - 13/09/2004 :  12:17:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They weren't approved on the same day, mine was July 31, the duplicate on Sep. 13.






http://www.fwfr.com/fourum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=294&whichpage=16
http://www.fwfr.com/fourum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=294&whichpage=17

Go to Top of Page

Mr Savoir Faire 
"^ Click my name. "

ATL, Georgia (USA)

Posted - 14/09/2004 :  02:14:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
http://www.fwfr.com/display.asp?id=1663

Duplicate reviews between Uncle-AL (Who was first) and anonymous. "Gen XXX Bond intimidator" and "Gen-XXX Bond Intimidator"

Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 14/09/2004 :  08:33:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mr Stupid

http://www.fwfr.com/display.asp?id=1663

Duplicate reviews between Uncle-AL (Who was first) and anonymous. "Gen XXX Bond intimidator" and "Gen-XXX Bond Intimidator"



Fixed.

Go to Top of Page

Montgomery 
"F**k!"

USA

Posted - 15/09/2004 :  15:04:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know I'm treading on delicate ground here, but this has bugged me for awhile.
Wouldn't a review that is just a part of another review be a duplicate?

I had for Rosemary's Baby "Mama Mia, Daddy Satan!" And it was approved April 9, 2003.

And, I won't name the reviewer, but the review I consider to be a duplicate is "Mama Mia." And that was approved July 21, 2004. A full year later.

Not to be picky, but that review has gotten more votes than mine. And mine was the original.

Okay. I'm being a brat. But, it does bother me.

EM :)


Go to Top of Page

Montgomery 
"F**k!"

USA

Posted - 15/09/2004 :  15:07:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One more comment/suggestion while I'm at it. Is there any way, Benj, that the date approved could show under the reviews in the movie listings, instead of just in our personal lists? You have to do a lot of hunting around to find out which review came first.

EM :)

Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 15/09/2004 :  15:38:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Desmond

I know I'm treading on delicate ground here, but this has bugged me for awhile.
Wouldn't a review that is just a part of another review be a duplicate?

I had for Rosemary's Baby "Mama Mia, Daddy Satan!" And it was approved April 9, 2003.

And, I won't name the reviewer, but the review I consider to be a duplicate is "Mama Mia." And that was approved July 21, 2004. A full year later.

Not to be picky, but that review has gotten more votes than mine. And mine was the original.

Okay. I'm being a brat. But, it does bother me.

EM :)



What can I say? Sometimes less is more. I'm guessing Noncentz's 'Fin' probably picked up more than, say, 'Big fish fin' would have. I think people sometimes vote just out of appreciation for the tightness of a review that still manages to say so much. Having said that, I'm not sure how much that applies to the above example you cited.

I'm allowing it for now, though- it may or may not be ripped off from your fwfr, but it's not saying exactly the same thing (in my mind at least).

Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 15/09/2004 :  15:40:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Desmond

One more comment/suggestion while I'm at it. Is there any way, Benj, that the date approved could show under the reviews in the movie listings, instead of just in our personal lists? You have to do a lot of hunting around to find out which review came first.

EM :)



I'm tinkering away with various things at the moment and will see if this fits in with that anywhere. It's a question of space really- I don't want to end up overloading the page with information.
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 15/09/2004 :  15:47:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Desmond

I know I'm treading on delicate ground here, but this has bugged me for awhile.
Wouldn't a review that is just a part of another review be a duplicate?

I had for Rosemary's Baby "Mama Mia, Daddy Satan!" And it was approved April 9, 2003.

And, I won't name the reviewer, but the review I consider to be a duplicate is "Mama Mia." And that was approved July 21, 2004. A full year later.

Not to be picky, but that review has gotten more votes than mine. And mine was the original.

Okay. I'm being a brat. But, it does bother me.

EM :)






You have my EMpathy. Tried to take the sting out with a vote. Devilishly tough one. Sometimes benj has to be Solomon.

Go to Top of Page

Montgomery 
"F**k!"

USA

Posted - 15/09/2004 :  16:24:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote


You have my EMpathy. Tried to take the sting out with a vote. Devilishly tough one. Sometimes benj has to be Solomon.


I wouldn't want his job, that's true. I have other examples of reviews very, very close to mine getting approved, but that was the most glaring to me, since it was completely contained in my review.
Thanks for the vote, though, lemmycaution.

EM :)

Go to Top of Page

Montgomery 
"F**k!"

USA

Posted - 15/09/2004 :  16:29:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I'm tinkering away with various things at the moment and will see if this fits in with that anywhere. It's a question of space really- I don't want to end up overloading the page with information.

Here's another fun suggestion. "FWFR FUN WITH EMILY ". I'd love if I knew who voted for my reviews. Any way that could happen? lemmycaution just told me he voted for my "Mama Mia, Daddy Satan!," but other than revealing that you've voted for something to someone, it would be great if when the vote appears, the person who voted for it also appears.

EM :)


Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 15/09/2004 :  17:17:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Desmond


Here's another fun suggestion. "FWFR FUN WITH EMILY ". I'd love if I knew who voted for my reviews. Any way that could happen? lemmycaution just told me he voted for my "Mama Mia, Daddy Satan!," but other than revealing that you've voted for something to someone, it would be great if when the vote appears, the person who voted for it also appears.

EM :)



It would be nice, but once again we're getting back towards who votes and who doesn't territory. Before, when stats were available to see how many votes a particular user had cast, it started to get a little witchhunty here in the fourum. I realise you wouldn't be able to tell to the same extent, but I can still see people going "Why doesn't X vote for any of my reviews?". I don't want anyone to feel pressured into voting.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 75 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2016 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000