The Four Word Film Review Fourum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to my fwfr
Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 FWFR Related
 Site Maintenance
 Duplicate Reviews
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 75

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 19/05/2006 :  17:22:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Willy Weasel

There are some small icons right at the top centre of your posts. Click on the one with the pencil.

Hi Lemmy, I have 'View Profile' and 'Reply with Quote' icons, no more. Are there any other features I'm missing? Same in Mozilla and Internet Explorer browsers. Another thing is that any smilies or formattings appear in random places in my text rather than where the cursor is. Benj I think it's time your site was Mac compatible.





No, Weasey, it ain't da Mac! I'm totally PC and I don't get the edit icon either. Except, I think, if I start a thread. Weird or what, dude

Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 19/05/2006 :  17:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaftaBabe

quote:
Originally posted by Willy Weasel

There are some small icons right at the top centre of your posts. Click on the one with the pencil.

Hi Lemmy, I have 'View Profile' and 'Reply with Quote' icons, no more. Are there any other features I'm missing? Same in Mozilla and Internet Explorer browsers. Another thing is that any smilies or formattings appear in random places in my text rather than where the cursor is. Benj I think it's time your site was Mac compatible.





And just to prove how WEIRD, NOW I get the edit and trash icons. Go figure!








Edited by - BaftaBaby on 19/05/2006 17:24:26
Go to Top of Page

Willy Weasel 
"Look left and right."

England

Posted - 20/05/2006 :  03:29:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Oh I can live without the trash icon Baftables, I only wish to improve my posts not destroy them.

I just spent an age trying to come up with a good review for 'Adam and Eve' but it was hard to avoid variations of those already there. Just had to put in a vote for 'Ribbed. For his pleasure.' Ended up not submitting anything for A&E as I've had ideas bubbling up for other reviews all day. Whipsnap you're not baiting the Eve contingent with your latest are ye?

Go to Top of Page

Sludge 
"Charlie Don't Serf!"

United States

Posted - 06/06/2006 :  15:41:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not dead, just loafing

Whippersnapper,
looks like Turducken got there first.
Go to Top of Page

GHcool 
"Forever a curious character."

Los Angeles, CA, USA

Posted - 07/06/2006 :  23:46:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Original 'Snake On Plane'." and "Snake on a Plane." for Raiders of the Lost Ark.
Go to Top of Page

Willy Weasel 
"Look left and right."

England

Posted - 09/06/2006 :  01:21:03  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Both of Emmes 'Brokeback Mountain' reviews are slight variations of high vote getting reviews submitted previously. http://fwfr.com/display.asp?id=8620&mode=reviewer

Redefining the term 'cowpoke'.
from
Cowpokes poke eachother.

Brokeback Mountain = Bareback Mountin'.
from
Buttcrack Mountin'/Bareback Mountain.

One similar review is an oversight, two is suspect.

Go to Top of Page

MM0rkeleb 
"Better than HBO."

Palo Alto, CA

Posted - 10/06/2006 :  16:12:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What about duplicate reviews for different films? What's the policy on that?

Janet's 'Youth in Asia'

Noncentz's 'Youth in Asia'
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  00:08:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bife

Jinx: Complete idiots lose car
Josh: Idiots lose car

Dude, where's my car

Sorry Josh



Dupe towed away.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  00:17:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sludge

Not dead, just loafing

Whippersnapper,
looks like Turducken got there first.



Dupe is toast.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  00:21:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GHcool

"Original 'Snake On Plane'." and "Snake on a Plane." for Raiders of the Lost Ark.



Dupe On A Plane.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  00:26:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Willy Weasel

Both of Emmes 'Brokeback Mountain' reviews are slight variations of high vote getting reviews submitted previously. http://fwfr.com/display.asp?id=8620&mode=reviewer

Redefining the term 'cowpoke'.
from
Cowpokes poke eachother.

Brokeback Mountain = Bareback Mountin'.
from
Buttcrack Mountin'/Bareback Mountain.

One similar review is an oversight, two is suspect.



The term 'cowpokes' is used by a fair few reviews on that page- it may be an old joke, but I'm not sure that's grounds for calling it a dupe

The other review may be along a similar line of thinking in crudity, but it is at least a different crude term, so I don't think that's a dupe either.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  00:28:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by M0rkeleb

What about duplicate reviews for different films? What's the policy on that?

Janet's 'Youth in Asia'

Noncentz's 'Youth in Asia'



It's allowable, mostly because we can't reasonably expect reviewers to check every other film's reviews before submitting a review for this film. Also, it's pretty unmanageable as goes maintaining this across the site- sure you stumbled upon this one, but I'm sure there's zillions more [4]
Go to Top of Page

MM0rkeleb 
"Better than HBO."

Palo Alto, CA

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  19:06:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:
Originally posted by M0rkeleb

What about duplicate reviews for different films? What's the policy on that?

Janet's 'Youth in Asia'

Noncentz's 'Youth in Asia'



It's allowable, mostly because we can't reasonably expect reviewers to check every other film's reviews before submitting a review for this film. Also, it's pretty unmanageable as goes maintaining this across the site- sure you stumbled upon this one, but I'm sure there's zillions more [4]

Ah, yes. Of course. I'm sure that's the conclusion I would've come to if I'd bothered to apply logic to the situation.
Go to Top of Page

Stalean 
"Back...OMG"

United States

Posted - 11/06/2006 :  20:59:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:
Originally posted by M0rkeleb

What about duplicate reviews for different films? What's the policy on that?

Janet's 'Youth in Asia'

Noncentz's 'Youth in Asia'



It's allowable, mostly because we can't reasonably expect reviewers to check every other film's reviews before submitting a review for this film. Also, it's pretty unmanageable as goes maintaining this across the site- sure you stumbled upon this one, but I'm sure there's zillions more [4]


And, you might also add, benj, as long as it isn't outright plagiarism or some such underhanded nicking. At least, I think that's not encouraged. I recently saw my most top-rated review "The Crate Escape" for "Chicken Run" submitted by someone else for another film--"Madagascar" I think. It's happened before, not too long ago,too. I wish I could get as many votes as I do people using my reviews, who, in turn, are getting my votes!

Edited by - Stalean on 12/06/2006 19:52:09
Go to Top of Page

GHcool 
"Forever a curious character."

Los Angeles, CA, USA

Posted - 14/06/2006 :  19:18:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sex At 7000 Feet

I wrote "'Snakes' on a Plane" weeks ago.
MguyX's "Trouser-snakes on plane" just got approved (and has twice of the votes mine has)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 75 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2016 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000