The Four Word Film Review Fourum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to my fwfr
Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 FWFR Related
 Site Maintenance
 Duplicate Reviews
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 75

Gentleman Ghost 
"Brevity: soul of wit."

USA

Posted - 26/10/2006 :  16:15:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
For The Departed, there are a couple of variations on "Beantown rats".
I wish I'd thought of it first.

http://www.fwfr.com/display.asp?ID=14699
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 27/10/2006 :  10:58:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Network

1st - Beale gets Dunaway with. - dlanod - 1 vote
2nd - TV anchor Dunaway with. - RockGolf - 12 votes
3rd - Finch Dunaway with. - GHcool - 9 votes
4th - Finch; Dunaway with. - Dicky - 0 votes

also,

1st - Fired anchor goes overboard. - indie - 4 votes
2nd - Anchor thrown overboard. - bife - 5 votes
3rd - Anchor goes overboard. - BaftaBabe - 19 votes

Some serious duplicity on that page, only 61 reviews there too. The voting figures also show how essential fourum participation is in getting votes.
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 27/10/2006 :  12:32:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Se7n
[br
1st - Fired anchor goes overboard. - indie - 4 votes
2nd - Anchor thrown overboard. - bife - 5 votes
3rd - Anchor goes overboard. - BaftaBabe - 19 votes

Some serious duplicity on that page, only 61 reviews there too. The voting figures also show how essential fourum participation is in getting votes.



Crikey Se7n ... I promise I never saw the other two. I'm very happy to withdraw mine -- is there any way to award my votes to either indie or bife? If not, I'll just delete mine.
Sorry, guys ... will do more careful checking in the future

Go to Top of Page

Europian 
"Four ever Salopian"

Posted - 27/10/2006 :  13:13:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Benj can transfer votes.
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 27/10/2006 :  14:01:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

Benj can transfer votes.


Will he see this or how do we draw his attention ... and HOW COME you know so much about the workings of FWFR?!!! Are you really Benj in sheep's clothing

Go to Top of Page

Europian 
"Four ever Salopian"

Posted - 27/10/2006 :  14:53:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty certain he reads all the threads, especially the F.W.F.R. ones, although he doesn't seem to have acted on things in this thread for a good while.

I used to always read all F.W.F.R.-related threads, and have quite a good memory. Benj has commented on most aspects at one time or another.
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 27/10/2006 :  22:01:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaftaBabe

quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

Benj can transfer votes.


Will he see this or how do we draw his attention ... and HOW COME you know so much about the workings of FWFR?!!! Are you really Benj in sheep's clothing




Baffy, just hang around: rest, meditate, observe. All will be revealed if you will simply do this in a quiet nurturing space.

Of course I can't speak for everyone, but I once found after the fact that one of mine was indeed a dupe, or close enough so that I felt bad about it. Can't remember the frickin movie. I fell upon my sword, after first PMing benj to ask if my votes could be transferred and waiting one week. Then I deleted my scoundrel. If it ever happened again, I would zap the offender immediately, and to hell with any of my ill-gotten votes.

Whoever pointed out that simple presence in Fourum is a vote magnet is absolutely correct. Sad but true. My Sensei, lemmyseven, instructed me [once again, his dojo was a quiet, nurturing space] in his ineffable vote-grubbing skills: non-sequitur link fu being only his most powerful fwfrial art. There are many others which I am not at liberty to divulge, lest I disturb Sensei from his own meditation by virtue of his sudden need to kill me for revealing eternal secrets. But even the perfection of Sensei's grub fu skills eventually lost its way, as so many fwiffers abandoned the art and just began begging. I have tried to adapt Sensei's skills into votes on previously nonvoted reviews, but it is a fool's game: the master still retains all vote fu, and he only exercises his power for good now, dammit!
Go to Top of Page

Wh18persnapper 
"Indescribably wonderful and modest"

United Kingdom

Posted - 27/10/2006 :  22:25:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Se7n

Network

1st - Beale gets Dunaway with. - dlanod - 1 vote
2nd - TV anchor Dunaway with. - RockGolf - 12 votes
3rd - Finch Dunaway with. - GHcool - 9 votes
4th - Finch; Dunaway with. - Dicky - 0 votes

also,

1st - Fired anchor goes overboard. - indie - 4 votes
2nd - Anchor thrown overboard. - bife - 5 votes
3rd - Anchor goes overboard. - BaftaBabe - 19 votes

Some serious duplicity on that page, only 61 reviews there too. The voting figures also show how essential fourum participation is in getting votes.



Yeah, these dupes make us as mad as hell and we're not going to take it any more!
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 27/10/2006 :  23:22:43  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Randa77

quote:
Originally posted by BaftaBabe

quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

Benj can transfer votes.


Will he see this or how do we draw his attention ... and HOW COME you know so much about the workings of FWFR?!!! Are you really Benj in sheep's clothing




Baffy, just hang around: rest, meditate, observe. All will be revealed if you will simply do this in a quiet nurturing space.

Of course I can't speak for everyone, but I once found after the fact that one of mine was indeed a dupe, or close enough so that I felt bad about it. Can't remember the frickin movie. I fell upon my sword, after first PMing benj to ask if my votes could be transferred and waiting one week. Then I deleted my scoundrel. If it ever happened again, I would zap the offender immediately, and to hell with any of my ill-gotten votes.

Whoever pointed out that simple presence in Fourum is a vote magnet is absolutely correct. Sad but true. My Sensei, lemmyseven, instructed me [once again, his dojo was a quiet, nurturing space] in his ineffable vote-grubbing skills: non-sequitur link fu being only his most powerful fwfrial art. There are many others which I am not at liberty to divulge, lest I disturb Sensei from his own meditation by virtue of his sudden need to kill me for revealing eternal secrets. But even the perfection of Sensei's grub fu skills eventually lost its way, as so many fwiffers abandoned the art and just began begging. I have tried to adapt Sensei's skills into votes on previously nonvoted reviews, but it is a fool's game: the master still retains all vote fu, and he only exercises his power for good now, dammit!




Non sequitar??? Wot dat?



Master Po: [after easily defeating the boy in combat] Ha, ha, never assume because a man has no eyes he cannot see. Close your eyes. What do you hear?
Young Caine: I hear the water, I hear the birds.
Master Po: Do you hear your own heartbeat?
Young Caine: No.
Master Po: Do you hear the grasshopper that is at your feet?
Young Caine: [looking down and seeing the insect] Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?


Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 27/10/2006 :  23:47:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemmyseven

quote:
My Sensei, lemmyseven, instructed me [once again, his dojo was a quiet, nurturing space] in his ineffable vote-grubbing skills: non-sequitur link fu being only his most powerful fwfrial art. There are many others which I am not at liberty to divulge, lest I disturb Sensei from his own meditation by virtue of his sudden need to kill me for revealing eternal secrets. But even the perfection of Sensei's grub fu skills eventually lost its way, as so many fwiffers abandoned the art and just began begging. I have tried to adapt Sensei's skills into votes on previously nonvoted reviews, but it is a fool's game: the master still retains all vote fu, and he only exercises his power for good now, dammit!




Non sequitar??? Wot dat?



Master Po: [after easily defeating the boy in combat] Ha, ha, never assume because a man has no eyes he cannot see. Close your eyes. What do you hear?
Young Caine: I hear the water, I hear the birds.
Master Po: Do you hear your own heartbeat?
Young Caine: No.
Master Po: Do you hear the grasshopper that is at your feet?
Young Caine: [looking down and seeing the insect] Old man, how is it that you hear these things?
Master Po: Young man, how is it that you do not?


Sensei, you have just bestowed another lesson in vote fu. Mayhap others who are not so attuned cannot absorb it. I bow to your vote serenity.

G'hopper
Go to Top of Page

bife 
"Winners never quit ... fwfr ... "

Singapore

Posted - 28/10/2006 :  07:11:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Se7n

1st - Fired anchor goes overboard. - indie - 4 votes
2nd - Anchor thrown overboard. - bife - 5 votes
3rd - Anchor goes overboard. - BaftaBabe - 19 votes



I must have the memory of non-remembering thing ...

Looks like I voted for indie's (one of the four votes was mine), forgot all about it, wrote mine, forgot all about it, voted on BB's (one of the 19 votes was mine)

benj - if you're reading this - let me know if you want to transfer my votes before declining. If I don't hear anything back in a few days, I'll just delete it
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 28/10/2006 :  10:21:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi7e
[br
benj - if you're reading this - let me know if you want to transfer my votes before declining. If I don't hear anything back in a few days, I'll just delete it



ME TOO! Say by this time next week?

Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 28/10/2006 :  13:09:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
foxy and noncentz are duped as hell. Who was first?
Go to Top of Page

Sludge 
"Carpet Diem, Dude."

United States

Posted - 28/10/2006 :  19:56:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Apocalypse Now

'The End' at beginning.

and

Begins with 'The End'.

Eeyore's is older.

Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 29/10/2006 :  15:29:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SAME FILM

Marie-Antoinette

Marie Antoinette (2006)




Go to Top of Page
Page: of 75 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2016 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000