The Four Word Film Review Fourum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to my fwfr
Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 FWFR Related
 Four Word Film Reviews: The Book
 FWFR:The Book
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 22

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 29/01/2010 :  05:46:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ro˘k G10f, MD+

Hey, it on the big Amazon, too.

Amazon.com

$10 for a 192 page book is pretty good. I wonder how much of that benj will get...
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  07:47:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, now I'm curious. It's 192 pages, but roughly how many reviews are gonna be in the book? A guesstimate would be cool.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  10:50:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seán

OK, now I'm curious. It's 192 pages, but roughly how many reviews are gonna be in the book? A guesstimate would be cool.



Roughly 2000 reviews I think. The plan is for 4 films per page, 4 reviews per film. (See what we did there?)
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  11:21:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:
Originally posted by Seán

OK, now I'm curious. It's 192 pages, but roughly how many reviews are gonna be in the book? A guesstimate would be cool.



Roughly 2000 reviews I think. The plan is for 4 films per page, 4 reviews per film. (See what we did there?)

Couldn't you have squeezed in 5?!?
Go to Top of Page

aahaa, muahaha 
"Optimistic altruist, incurable romantic"

Posted - 30/01/2010 :  19:46:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interestingly, the cover shows this review for The Matrix: "There's Malice in Wonderland." On the site, the review is "Malice in Wonderland." Would all three or fewer worded reviews that make to the book be edited to four words so as to not confuse the readers?
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  01:43:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aahaa, muahaha

Interestingly, the cover shows this review for The Matrix: "There's Malice in Wonderland." On the site, the review is "Malice in Wonderland." Would all three or fewer worded reviews that make to the book be edited to four words so as to not confuse the readers?



Nope. That'll be artistic license by the design department I'd guess.
Go to Top of Page

Salopian 
"Four ever Salopian"

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  03:19:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The short form of the review is much better.

It's extremely unconventional for a design department to have any say over the text, even the text that's on the cover.
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  07:24:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

The short form of the review is much better.

It's extremely unconventional for a design department to have any say over the text, even the text that's on the cover.



Agreed.

Think you can have them fix that before publication? Doesn't seem right to change a real review to something that isn't on the site.
Go to Top of Page

aahaa, muahaha 
"Optimistic altruist, incurable romantic"

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  17:01:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateLady

quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

The short form of the review is much better.

It's extremely unconventional for a design department to have any say over the text, even the text that's on the cover.



Agreed.

Think you can have them fix that before publication? Doesn't seem right to change a real review to something that isn't on the site.




Disagree. Most design departments do flex their muscles, unfortunately. The prime objective is to ensure that the book sees the light of the day so that we can see it on the best sellers list.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  18:35:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As far as I'm aware, that isn't even the cover. The cover may be like that, but it's just a design put together to plug the book to bookshops so I'm not bothered about the reviews or their format on this. Frankly, I'm more surprised nobody here picked up on the curious credit given both myself and Mike at the bottom of the page!
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 31/01/2010 :  22:40:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

As far as I'm aware, that isn't even the cover. The cover may be like that, but it's just a design put together to plug the book to bookshops so I'm not bothered about the reviews or their format on this. Frankly, I'm more surprised nobody here picked up on the curious credit given both myself and Mike at the bottom of the page!


Nobody?


Edited by - lemmycaution on 04/02/2010 16:15:06
Go to Top of Page

Josh the cat 
"ice wouldn't melt, you'd think ....."

East Yorkshire, England.

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  00:23:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yukon, benj is the writer of the review going to be listed with the review in the book as it is on the website?

If I am lucky enough to get one in the book I would like to be able to know it easily.

Josh the cat
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  01:17:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Josh the cat

Yukon, benj is the writer of the review going to be listed with the review in the book as it is on the website?



'Fraid not- there'll be a big page listing the contributers, but we want to keep the film pages themselves as straightforward as possible.
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  12:17:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting. And I thought the pages would look just like when you open a film page on the site - with the name of the author as well.
Go to Top of Page

aahaa, muahaha 
"Optimistic altruist, incurable romantic"

Posted - 01/02/2010 :  15:42:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:
Originally posted by Josh the cat

Yukon, benj is the writer of the review going to be listed with the review in the book as it is on the website?



'Fraid not- there'll be a big page listing the contributers, but we want to keep the film pages themselves as straightforward as possible.



Makes sense. If I was a reader of this book who never visited the site before, I'd not give two hoots if the review was by aahaa or muahaha.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 22 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2016 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000