Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 8

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  09:22:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bife

Not sure what the benefit of 'retracting' a review would be above deleting it. Pretty sure deleting a review within the week removes it from counting towarsds the cap, but it's been years since the cap affected me so maybe I am missing some understanding.

That's supposed to be the case, but in fact in weeks when I have known my exact number of submissions and have deleted a pending review from that week, I have found it not to be true.
quote:
The ability to take back a vote would be nice, as I've 'accidentally' voted for a review plenty of times (fat finger syndrome!); although that could also get personal!

I've accidentally voted quite a few times too. I'd also like to be able to take back F.Y.C. votes when someone points out that a review is a duplicate. I suppose the ideal would be if one could retract votes up to one week after they were given.
Go to Top of Page

ci�nas 
"hands down"

Brizzle

Posted - 09/11/2009 :  10:08:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bife

quote:
Originally posted by lamhasuas

Has anyone mentioned an undo option? Probably. Anyway, having just inadvertently rated a film I haven�t seen or even previously heard of, I�d be in favour of this. And how about a function that allows you to retract submitted reviews, prior to their acceptance or rejection, that you�re having second thoughts about, instead of merely having the ability to amend or delete them? If it�s an easy thing to set up it would be useful, I think, given the 20-films-per-week cap.

I was also wondering whether it would be possible to link films here directly with films on IMDb. This would speed up the process of trying to understand reviews of films you know little or nothing about.

Are you taking the mickey or are those real questions? If the former, fool on me for responding! If the latter, two of the requested functions exist already:

imdb link is the "imdb button" on the top left of every review page
scoring for films can be cancelled by clicking on the red 'x' that appears next to the film rating once you've rated it

No, if either of us is a fool it isn't you, bife. I didn't realize either of those functions existed. I wonder how many hours using that unnoticed IMDb button would have saved me over the last 3 years. Christ. Well, some things you don't know unless someone tells you, so thanks for telling me.

Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 05/01/2010 :  16:49:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Congrats Benj! I was missing for the last year or so. I always remembered this place. hope to be returning more often. May we have many more years here. Love all the new updates....well...new to me.

Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 29/10/2010 :  17:46:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The sticky can probably be removed from this thread now...
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000