The Four Word Film Review Fourum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to my fwfr
Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 FWFR Related
 Site Features
 Long time coming (or "The new FWFR")...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  17:06:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateLady

But we used to have that list of where we were ranked among the reviewers on the left side of our "my fwfr" page. Once we had 5 reviews in our FYC lists, we could then click on our own names on that ranking list which would take us to a page that had just our FYC reviews and our statistics. Then we could use the URL of that page as our link for the FYC. I don't see where I can get to just that page anymore.



Ah, I see. In that case, will the standard user page do (as in what you get when you click on a users' name- their current FYC and then All Reviews listed below that)?

If so, you can get this link to yourself by clicking on your own name in the fourum (you won't see this view for yourself though, since your user page is tailored to display differently when it's you viewing it). I'll also update the links around the site so you get links to yourself in the same format as everyone else (at present they're just http://www.fwfr.com/user, so I'll be changing this to http://www.fwfr.com/user/?UID=<whatever your user id is>)

quote:

By the way, speaking of statistics, I was wondering how to add a statistic of my 2012 reviews.



There's no way to add a statistic to your list of statistics at present, likewise removing statistics. I decided to go live with the new site with some minor features still to be added (review reporting is another, plus a whole bunch of new features yet to come) on the basis that (a). the primary functions of the new site are all done and working (save for those with display issues, which is what I'm prioritising presently) and (b). there's still the old site available to offer these features in the meantime.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 04/03/2012 :  21:49:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:
Originally posted by Se√°n

quote:
Originally posted by lemmycaution

Is anyone else finding that they get randomly logged out of the new site? Happens to me constantly. Pity because there is so much more functionality in the new site.

Yeah this happens to me all the time (a few times per day I find myself logged out). It used to happen occasionally (twice per week or so) with the old site, but far more often with the new site.

I use W7 and Firefox 10.0.2.



Do you both use the Remember Me option? If so, does it make any difference not using it?

Hmmm, weird. Now I can't seem to get it to 'not remember' me. I logged out, cleaned out my browser cache (everything except cookies), logged in with it on "No" for Remember Me, closed all browser windows and I was still logged in when I visited MyFwfr page (I also ctrl-F5'd).

Anyway, it hasn't auto-logged-me-out for 24h or so now.

BTW I'm not using any auto cookie cleaner / privacy software or anything like that, the only security things I'm running are Windows Firewall and Defender on defaults.

Edited by - Sean on 04/03/2012 21:51:08
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  00:32:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, I think I'm making some headway with the problem of some seeing just a thin strip of reviews/ whatever down the far righthand side of the content boxes.

For everyone who's getting this, can you check you have your browser set to 100% zoom? (My theory is that having zoom set to anything beyond this is throwing off the page layout) Of course, if this does sort the problem it's not a permanent fix- just enough to get the site working as intended for you until I get this resolved proper.
Go to Top of Page

Larry 
"Larry's time / sat merrily"

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  02:54:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

Okay, I think I'm making some headway with the problem of some seeing just a thin strip of reviews/ whatever down the far righthand side of the content boxes.

For everyone who's getting this, can you check you have your browser set to 100% zoom? (My theory is that having zoom set to anything beyond this is throwing off the page layout) Of course, if this does sort the problem it's not a permanent fix- just enough to get the site working as intended for you until I get this resolved proper.


That was it. How simple! Mine was set to 125% for some reason. Now set at 100% and I see the whole page like I'm supposed to. Thanks, benj.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  15:12:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, I think I've resolved the problem of the thin sliver of content down the right of the screen. Anyone who likes to have their browser at a zoom level other than 100% should be fine to return to whatever zoom level they prefer now.

Just remember to clear your browser's cache to ensure you get the bug fix
Go to Top of Page

The Aussie Canuck 
"Australian, Canadian Drama Doctor."

Canada

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  18:46:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AussieCanuck

Hi benj, not sure if it's to do with the new site or not, but I just noticed a new Steve Carell movie was added to the db but it didn't show up in my Steve Carell accolade, which auto updates. Not sure if this is a red flag that accolades aren't updating anymore?



Bump!
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 05/03/2012 :  22:49:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AussieCanuck

Hi benj, not sure if it's to do with the new site or not, but I just noticed a new Steve Carell movie was added to the db but it didn't show up in my Steve Carell accolade, which auto updates. Not sure if this is a red flag that accolades aren't updating anymore?



Strange... I checked the accolade and it didn't have any artists associated with it- kinda' like it had just had a bunch of films added manually instead. I'm guessing this isn't how it was previously?

Meanwhile, I've just updated it so it's associated with Carell.
Go to Top of Page

The Aussie Canuck 
"Australian, Canadian Drama Doctor."

Canada

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  02:40:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks, benj - the other thing now is I'm having a hard time updating accolades: it doesn't seem to work for me in the new site (associating a name to create the accolade), and in the old site I get this error message on the last page:
Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a005e'

Invalid use of Null: 'cstr'

/accoladewizard/details.asp, line 38
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  16:10:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the previous version we could isolate one or more of our reviews and post the url in the fourum. This was used in contests, games, promotion, pimping, whatever.

I donít how this can be done now in the upgrade and it will be sadly missed.

Yes it can still be done using fwxr but I would much prefer to use the new site with its improved functionality (with the exception of things like this and the absence of the Latest Reviews feature).

I know that fine-tuning takes time but when the new site has incorporated the changes that have been brought up here over the past ten days I am sure that we will all be happy campers.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  16:21:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemmycaution

In the previous version we could isolate one or more of our reviews and post the url in the fourum. This was used in contests, games, promotion, pimping, whatever.



You have no idea how long I've been waiting for someone to ask this question...

Try this: ensure you're logged in and then hold your left mouse button down on any review for 2-3 seconds.

(I just realised that if this doesn't work as I hoped, I'm going to look such a dick here )
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Up your nose..."

United States

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  16:24:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:
Originally posted by AussieCanuck

Hi benj, not sure if it's to do with the new site or not, but I just noticed a new Steve Carell movie was added to the db but it didn't show up in my Steve Carell accolade, which auto updates. Not sure if this is a red flag that accolades aren't updating anymore?



Strange... I checked the accolade and it didn't have any artists associated with it- kinda' like it had just had a bunch of films added manually instead. I'm guessing this isn't how it was previously?

Meanwhile, I've just updated it so it's associated with Carell.



His new movie still isnt added

Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  16:27:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TitanPA

quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:
Originally posted by AussieCanuck

Hi benj, not sure if it's to do with the new site or not, but I just noticed a new Steve Carell movie was added to the db but it didn't show up in my Steve Carell accolade, which auto updates. Not sure if this is a red flag that accolades aren't updating anymore?



Strange... I checked the accolade and it didn't have any artists associated with it- kinda' like it had just had a bunch of films added manually instead. I'm guessing this isn't how it was previously?

Meanwhile, I've just updated it so it's associated with Carell.



His new movie still isnt added



Curious... it's been lost from that accolade. I'll check on this when I get home tonight.
Go to Top of Page

demon18c 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  16:45:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:
Originally posted by lemmycaution

In the previous version we could isolate one or more of our reviews and post the url in the fourum. This was used in contests, games, promotion, pimping, whatever.



You have no idea how long I've been waiting for someone to ask this question...

Try this: ensure you're logged in and then hold your left mouse button down on any review for 2-3 seconds.

(I just realised that if this doesn't work as I hoped, I'm going to look such a dick here )



That is so cool.
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  17:30:44  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:
Originally posted by lemmycaution

In the previous version we could isolate one or more of our reviews and post the url in the fourum. This was used in contests, games, promotion, pimping, whatever.



You have no idea how long I've been waiting for someone to ask this question...

Try this: ensure you're logged in and then hold your left mouse button down on any review for 2-3 seconds.

(I just realised that if this doesn't work as I hoped, I'm going to look such a dick here )




http://www.fwfr.com/reviews/review?RID=81857

Great!

That works for one review. What if I want to post a link to 20 of my 5-vote reviews or all my reviews from June, 2008?

Edited by - lemmycaution on 06/03/2012 17:31:51
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  17:38:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemmycaution

That works for one review. What if I want to post a link to 20 of my 5-vote reviews or all my reviews from June, 2008?



How did you do this before?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2016 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000