Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

Chris C 
"Four words, never backwards."

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  18:19:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Benj

I think the funky letter in Sean's name is still causing problems. On the fourum, in get something that looks like Seán. Firefox, IE and my phone all show the same.

Also after trying to PM Sean earlier, and entering his name into the correct field on the display, FWFR also does weird things. Here's the link to his page. http://www.fwfr.com/user/?UID=3104

The same also happens when you enter his name in the search box.

Is there a link to the top 100 reviewers, or is that yet to happen?
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  18:31:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris C

Is there a link to the top 100 reviewers, or is that yet to happen?

You can see this by clicking on your rank in myfwfr.
Go to Top of Page

Chris C 
"Four words, never backwards."

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  18:53:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  19:27:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:
Originally posted by lemmycaution

That works for one review. What if I want to post a link to 20 of my 5-vote reviews or all my reviews from June, 2008?

How did you do this before?

You play around with the 'rows=' number in the appropriate url. Here is the url for my June, 2008 reviews:

http://www.fwxr.com/display.asp?start=4116&id=4204&Mode=reviewer&Sort=4&Rows=51&Dir=1&do=

and 20 of my 5-vote reviews:

http://www.fwxr.com/display.asp?start=2401&id=4204&Mode=reviewer&Sort=2&Rows=20&Dir=1&do=

Fwiffers can feel free to read and vote om any of these reviews.

Edited by - lemmycaution on 06/03/2012 19:33:04
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  23:49:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A couple of issues to do with Messaging.

a) When on someone's page and I click "Send message", logic would suggest that when the messaging window pops up their name should be in the "To" field rather than popping up with the general messaging window (where you enter a user's name and pick from the list of similar names that pop up).

Anyway, if it could insert the recipient's name that would be very useful. On the old site we could direct-link to our messaging windows; this was useful for those running weekly competitions (FWPT, FWTO, Avatar etc). As it is now it's a multi-step process to get to the point where you start writing the text of the message: the votes (click - click - click - type-name - click, rather than one click).

b) Could the site be persuaded to remember previous views (or change default views)? E.g., when I click Messages all I'm interested in are the unread mails, the default view is to display "All" which in my case is 3200 or so messages. (I'd happily delete them all permanently, I'd previously done this on the old site but they came back with the upgrade).

c) Could there be separation between 'unread' and 'read' on the "All messages" display? E.g., something like most mail clients use with bold for unread or something.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 06/03/2012 :  23:51:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris C

I think the funky letter in Sean's name is still causing problems. On the fourum, in get something that looks like Seán. Firefox, IE and my phone all show the same.

I gave up on that again, my name is now "Sean" until further notice. Problem solved (well, run away from actually! ).

Edit: BTW, before I changed I sent a test message to myself, it came from "Se# xC3;# xA1;n" (I added a couple of spaces so it didn't turn it into "Seán"). I wonder who that is/was?

Edited by - Sean on 07/03/2012 00:13:05
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  13:04:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not able to send messages at this time. I keep getting script errors. My Avatar votes will be late :(

Sorry...actually I am wrong. It seems to be Cheese_Ed's profile that has the script error for me. Tried it a few times and Other profiles are fine. Cheese_Ed is the problem on my end.

Edited by - TitanPa on 07/03/2012 13:12:13
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  13:14:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TitanPA

I am not able to send messages at this time. I keep getting script errors. My Avatar votes will be late :(

Sorry...actually I am wrong. It seems to be Cheese_Ed's profile that has the script error for me. Tried it a few times and Other profiles are fine. Cheese_Ed is the problem on my end.

Strange- I just sent him a message fine.

Usual questions: browser, version and what errors?
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  14:42:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I also had some problems with it using Firefox 10 on XP. I moved over to Chrome and it worked out fine.
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  15:02:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Sending the message isnt the problem. His whole profile is.

Here is the message I get when I go to his profile. and this only profile:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Script: http://www.fwfr.com/_js/jquery-1.7.1.min.js:2

Program is firefox. dont know the number.....but if you need it I will find it.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  15:11:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Sending the message isnt the problem. His whole profile is.

Here is the message I get when I go to his profile. and this only profile:

A script on this page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you can continue to see if the script will complete.

Do you get that every time without fail? It's possible you may get that occasionally on pages with a lot of content if the server is busy at the time. Give it a few refreshes and see if you can get through.

quote:

Program is firefox. dont know the number.....but if you need it I will find it.

If the above doesn't yield any progress, yes please dig out the version number thanks
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  16:31:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems still to be a diacritic issue.

See my pendingfor Diary of a Chambermaid and

http://www.fwxr.com/display.asp?id=12635
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  17:01:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemmycaution

Seems still to be a diacritic issue.

See my pendingfor Diary of a Chambermaid and

http://www.fwxr.com/display.asp?id=12635

This is my current priority. It's actually surprisingly complicated but I hope to make some progress on it soon.
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  18:45:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have always been able to click on the user's name in fourum posts to get to that user's FYC reviews and stats.

This is still the case with fwxr but in the new version the click gets you to the user's page all right but the five reviews posted are all for the same five random top reviewed films. Go to the fourum and try it.
Go to Top of Page

Airbolt 
"teil mann, teil maschine"

somewhere

Posted - 07/03/2012 :  18:58:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know if this has been covered before but the voting system is not immediately clear. Of course, once you know that the faint outline of a star can be rolled over to vote then it's apparent. It's not immediately apparent that a review can be voted on especially to a casual or new viewer.

As this is intended to be constructive could the icon for voting be visible at all times and have some indication on it? ( perhaps the word "vote" )

Edited by - Airbolt on 07/03/2012 18:59:25
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000