The Four Word Film Review Fourum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to my fwfr
Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 FWFR Related
 Site Features
 Long time coming (or "The new FWFR")...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 11/05/2012 :  18:35:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aahaa, muahaha

Another crib: I am viewing my reviews pages and click the name of a movie from somewhere in the middle of that list; all is well till I hit the back button - it lands me into the default reviews page/ order than what I was viewing (unlike in the old site).



Will see if I can do anything about this- currently it could prove to be quite a tricky problem to overcome. In the meantime, a temporary solution is to hold down CTRL when you click on something- that'll open the item you clicked in a new window, leaving the previous page where it was so you can switch back to it when you want.
Go to Top of Page

aahaa, muahaha 
"Optimistic altruist, incurable romantic"

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  14:38:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:
Originally posted by aahaa, muahaha

Another crib: I am viewing my reviews pages and click the name of a movie from somewhere in the middle of that list; all is well till I hit the back button - it lands me into the default reviews page/ order than what I was viewing (unlike in the old site).



Will see if I can do anything about this- currently it could prove to be quite a tricky problem to overcome. In the meantime, a temporary solution is to hold down CTRL when you click on something- that'll open the item you clicked in a new window, leaving the previous page where it was so you can switch back to it when you want.



Thanks a ton, Benj. This works just fine. I'm slowly but surely falling in love with the new site!
Go to Top of Page

aahaa, muahaha 
"Optimistic altruist, incurable romantic"

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  14:41:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

Yep- see Lemmy's reply (if you haven't already).

Apologies this is currently an undocumented feature (then again, it wasn't even a feature before- just a hack, so surely any attempt to simplify the process is a good thing) but it will be documented once the new site is settled in.



Yes, this works well. Is there a way to separate multiple reviews for games like MIHAI - previously, we'd go to the movie page, select "my reviews" and that URL would work. Obviously that also must be a hack but is something similar possible in the new website?
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  20:02:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How do I edit my own accolade on the new site? Sorry if this has already been discussed, but this thread is getting pretty long.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  22:38:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by randall

How do I edit my own accolade on the new site? Sorry if this has already been discussed, but this thread is getting pretty long.

Click the greyed-out pencil thing top right of the accolade icon. It should be self explanatory after that (add people by starting to type a name in the appropriate field, or pick options from the left side of the page etc).
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Up your nose..."

United States

Posted - 14/05/2012 :  12:52:50  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TitanPA

I dont know if this is the place to ask. I would like to add a review stat for 2012 for me. How do I go about doing it now? We used to have a list we could pick from. Im not sure how to go about creating one.



Hasnt been answered yet
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 14/05/2012 :  13:06:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TitanPA

I dont know if this is the place to ask. I would like to add a review stat for 2012 for me. How do I go about doing it now? We used to have a list we could pick from. Im not sure how to go about creating one.



Are you wanting to create a new stat or add a currently existing one to your list?
Go to Top of Page

demon18c 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 14/05/2012 :  14:38:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Something I noticed recently - films are not alphabetising correctly - for example film titles beginning with "The" and "A" are being listed under "T" and "A" rather than the first proper noun or whatever follows the pronoun. A majority of our film pages were added when IMDB was using a comma system (e.g. "Streetcar Named Desire, A" or "Adventures of Robin Hood, The") but now all the titles are organised pronoun first on IMDB, so anything added or reimported is listing the first way. For consistency is there any way within my ability to reimport a film title I can edit as I used to be able to, rather than just select from a list - that way I can keep the titles one way or the other rather than both?
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 14/05/2012 :  14:46:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Nothing you can do about this presently. It was actually my (bad) decision to store films in that way years ago and now I'm slowly changing the system over to a more easily searchable and orderable format which won't actually require you to have to do anything.

Once again, this is one that'll I'll be sorting once the site is in a good place which will hopefully be quite soon- keep an eye out for my rejigged layout going live this week.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  00:43:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As you can see I've just put up the latest version of the site (you might have to CTRL-F5 if it looks a bit odd).

So... thanks for everyone's feedback- I wouldn't have been quite so determined to re-work the design without the comments both good and (especially) bad so truly a big thanks for your responses so far because I'm really pleased with how it's coming on.

I've tried to give it a cleaner and less showy look by losing some of the 'wackier' aspects of the design, widening the page and just making sections a lot more distinct. Some things have had to move for this to happen (in most cases just relocating a sidebar from the left to the right) but I'm hoping you'll find it's all for the better.

Obviously, quite a bit of work's gone into this so I could have messed something up- give me a shout if you think you've found anything amiss.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  02:20:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

As you can see I've just put up the latest version of the site (you might have to CTRL-F5 if it looks a bit odd).

So... thanks for everyone's feedback- I wouldn't have been quite so determined to re-work the design without the comments both good and (especially) bad so truly a big thanks for your responses so far because I'm really pleased with how it's coming on.

I've tried to give it a cleaner and less showy look by losing some of the 'wackier' aspects of the design, widening the page and just making sections a lot more distinct. Some things have had to move for this to happen (in most cases just relocating a sidebar from the left to the right) but I'm hoping you'll find it's all for the better.

Obviously, quite a bit of work's gone into this so I could have messed something up- give me a shout if you think you've found anything amiss.

My first reaction is.... me likey. In fact I've already forgotten what it looked like before the change. Filling in that empty space with content is a good thing.
Go to Top of Page

Stalean 
"Back...OMG"

United States

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  04:26:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm signed in, but the site's homepage keeps asking me to "Join Now." I click on "My FWFR" and I'm taken to my page, except my "Approved Reviews" section is missing. The "edit pencil" is missing on the page. Found the new location for editing "My Lists." I am also taken to the beginning of the thread on forum posts when I click on the arrow for last post in the thread.

Edited by - Stalean on 16/05/2012 05:03:18
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  08:26:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stalean

I'm signed in, but the site's homepage keeps asking me to "Join Now."


Yep, the homepage is still a work in progress and doesn't currently change after you've logged in.

quote:

I am also taken to the beginning of the thread on forum posts when I click on the arrow for last post in the thread.



That's been a problem for a while now- still looking into it and hope to fix soon.
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Up your nose..."

United States

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  13:00:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sigh. You get used to the look and then you get a different one
Go to Top of Page

aahaa, muahaha 
"Optimistic altruist, incurable romantic"

Posted - 16/05/2012 :  14:03:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I like the latest interface for adding a review, I am not able to figure out what I need to do to submit the review.

You click the + and write your review and then, how do you submit it?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2016 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000