Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

aahaa, muahaha 
"Optimistic altruist, incurable romantic"

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  07:20:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Once I submit a review and go to the pending reviews to edit it, clicking on the pen icon makes the review disappear. Refreshing reveals the review but it cannot be edited still as it again disappears. I could edit it on the old site though. This seems to be a new bug because I was able to edit/ add explanations for pending reviews on the new site before.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  11:23:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by aahaa, muahaha

Once I submit a review and go to the pending reviews to edit it, clicking on the pen icon makes the review disappear. Refreshing reveals the review but it cannot be edited still as it again disappears. I could edit it on the old site though. This seems to be a new bug because I was able to edit/ add explanations for pending reviews on the new site before.

Thanks for letting me know- should be working again now.
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 03/06/2012 :  20:18:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:
Originally posted by randall

benj, bump? I'm still not getting credit for newly completed accolades. None of 'em.

Yep- I'm working on this. I could easily enough sort out your accolades but I want to fix *why* this is happening before that (and those accolades currently being non-completed is part of the debugging process).

Thanks!
Go to Top of Page

aahaa, muahaha 
"Optimistic altruist, incurable romantic"

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  22:06:58  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Thanks for letting me know- should be working again now.

The problem now is slightly different - I am able to click the pen icon and then the = icon and put an explanation. However, when I do the same a second time, the original explanation is not visible.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 05/06/2012 :  23:24:07  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

The problem now is slightly different - I am able to click the pen icon and then the = icon and put an explanation. However, when I do the same a second time, the original explanation is not visible.

Nice spot! Think it's fixed now. Also, despite the fact you couldn't see them before, your explanations should still have been saved when you last submitted the reviews.
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  20:34:53  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm having trouble adding a photo to a new accolade. I followed all instructions on the new site, the photo appeared in the box just fine, but it's not there any more, and when I tried to go in to edit, I got

Microsoft VBScript runtime error '800a005e'

Invalid use of Null: 'cstr'

/accoladewizard/details.asp, line 38

Also, it claims I have reviewed none of the films in the accolade, which is incorrect. Something's rotten in Denmark.

EDIT: The acc is "Woh: Yeoh!"

Edited by - randall on 11/06/2012 21:41:02
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  22:01:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Is there a problem with the accolade function? There are a few which I've completed, but they haven't been placed in my trophy case. But when I check which films I'm missing, the answer is always 0. Please don't say I have an atrophy case!

Will check- which accolades are you seeing this on?

Josh the Cat's Lost Accolade and Grey Area, for two...

EDIT: Also the long Tarzan one. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa or something.

ANOTHER EDIT: Also Planet NPH. I'm not getting credit for any of these.

benj, bump? I'm still not getting credit for newly completed accolades. None of 'em.

IT'S FIXED!!! The accolades are credited now!
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  22:05:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm having trouble adding a photo to a new accolade. I followed all instructions on the new site, the photo appeared in the box just fine, but it's not there any more, and when I tried to go in to edit, I got

Also, it claims I have reviewed none of the films in the accolade, which is incorrect. Something's rotten in Denmark.

Now: how do I edit an existing accolade on the new site? Specifically, I want to try again to add the photo for the trophy.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  23:20:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Now: how do I edit an existing accolade on the new site? Specifically, I want to try again to add the photo for the trophy.

On your accolades page, click the grey pencil on the top right of the trophy image. That'll take you to the edit page, click the photo there and it should open up a folder where you can pick a new image. (I just checked now and it works fine with Firefox.)
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  12:21:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sean

quote:

quote:

On your accolades page, click the grey pencil on the top right of the trophy image. That'll take you to the edit page, click the photo there and it should open up a folder where you can pick a new image. (I just checked now and it works fine with Firefox.)

Worked like a charm. Now the beauteous Ms. Yeoh graces her trophy. Thanks so much.
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 13/06/2012 :  21:32:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
TO benj: The more I use the new site, the more I like it. [Funny, that's exactly what happened last time you redecorated!]

Thanks for the groovy countdown clock, too! By request!

Edited by - randall on 13/06/2012 21:33:30
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 22/06/2012 :  23:10:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fourum auto-logouts

I know this has been mentioned in the past, but thought I'd mention it again.

I haven't been auto-logged-out of the main site (fwfr.com) for a long time, so there's no problem there any more. But, I'm auto-logged-out of the fourum on a daily basis. It's like a fourum login is on a 24-hour timer. Could this be fixed?

I use W7 with Firefox 13.0.1

Thanks.
Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 22/06/2012 :  23:46:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Fourum auto-logouts

I haven't been auto-logged-out of the main site (fwfr.com) for a long time, so there's no problem there any more. But, I'm auto-logged-out of the fourum on a daily basis. It's like a fourum login is on a 24-hour timer. Could this be fixed?

Thanks.

I smell a can of worms. I have been auto-logged out of fwfr.com for a few days.
W7 and IE 9.
Go to Top of Page

Koli 
"Striving lackadaisically for perfection."

United Kingdom

Posted - 04/07/2012 :  20:28:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemmycaution

quote:

Fourum auto-logouts

Thanks.

I smell a can of worms. I have been auto-logged out of fwfr.com for a few days.
W7 and IE 9.

Me too. I've now tried clicking 'don't remember me' in case the site's being perverse.

I use a Mac with Safari.
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  10:57:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Nice spot! Think it's fixed now. Also, despite the fact you couldn't see them before, your explanations should still have been saved when you last submitted the reviews.

Uhm - benj, could you please take another look at this - I'm having the same problem described by aahaa, muahaha. Also, if I go into a review submitted a day or more ago in order to add an explanation - the review then registers as being a Pass one submission on the later date [i.e. today]. So, theoretically, that could affect my weekly quota, couldn't it?

ALSO - for us loyal players of TA:MOU ... is there an easy fix to the following:
We'd like to isolate ALL our reviews for any one film and be able to copy the url of that page. At the moment, we can isolate our own reviews, but copying the resulting url, pasting it into the TA:MOU page to solicit votes, just brings the clicking person back to all the reviews for that particular film.

At the moment, that means we have to provide a number of urls to cover multiple reviews. Or, this week, I'm trying to separate my multiples with urls to the old site. But it would be great if the isolation/url thing could work as before on the new site.

Hoping you've got some time for this, benj.

Big thanks in advance!!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000