Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  01:07:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stalean

But, now again, my "Edit Review" isn't working on IE. Also, when I try sending emails through FWFR I have to go to another browser besides IE. In IE the screen moves further down the page each time you type, hence the "Send" or "Cancel" icons are no longer visible AND the scroll function doesn't let you go down the page to find it.

Can you tell me which version of IE you're using?
Go to Top of Page

Stalean 
"Back...OMG"

United States

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  02:00:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:
Originally posted by Stalean

But, now again, my "Edit Review" isn't working on IE. Also, when I try sending emails through FWFR I have to go to another browser besides IE. In IE the screen moves further down the page each time you type, hence the "Send" or "Cancel" icons are no longer visible AND the scroll function doesn't let you go down the page to find it.

Can you tell me which version of IE you're using?

IE 9.0.8 update 64-bit
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  07:56:13  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by BaftaBabe

quote:
Originally posted by lemmycaution

quote:

Think I may have finally sorted the problem of fwfr not remembering you (let me know if you're finding it's still not sticking however )

Sadly, the problem still persists for me.

Ditto - looks like it's come back for me as well.

Can you try clearing your browser's cache and then logging in again to see if it remembers you then?

Well, the cache is cleared at least once every day. I have selected "always allow" as default for all fwfr url cookies [i.e. fwfr.co.uk, fwfr.com, fwxr.com].

Now, here's a funny login thing ... I use Roboform for all my logins & pw. There are two options - either fill or fill & send. I've noticed that if I choose the latter, the "remember me" option will never work - it defaults to "don't remember me." So I always now choose "fill" and click the login button. Which has been working [see post above], but now is nearly always not working - I mean, yes, I DO get logged in, but not remembered.

PS - I'm still getting the user i.d. problem -- my unique UID never appears until I find my user name somewhere on the site, & click on it. Otherwise, the designation remains as "user." Do you think this has anything to do with the login issue/s?

benj - just a suggestion, and it may be daft, but - to save you programming and re-programming - could you maybe select one url, and one or two browsers, and a recommended version of Windows [dunno about Macs]. That shouldn't be too restrictive - browser downloads are free, and I don't think anyone here is using the steam-driven version of Windows

Anyway - big thanks for persevering in helping us.

PS - Am using Google Chrome latest v 21.0.1180.75 m [but have also tested on FF 8.01]; Windows 7 Pro, v. 6 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

EDIT -wuzzup???
Boff! Just cleared cache AGAIN. Now login seems to remember me.
Uhm ... BaffledBabe

Edited by - BaftaBaby on 12/08/2012 08:10:54
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  09:00:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

PS - I'm still getting the user i.d. problem -- my unique UID never appears until I find my user name somewhere on the site, & click on it. Otherwise, the designation remains as "user." Do you think this has anything to do with the login issue/s?

Try clicking around MyFWFR, e.g. your reviews page, accolades or statistics. You should now see your UID in the URL address of the page. I'm similarly going to add this to the actual MyFWFR link.

quote:

benj - just a suggestion, and it may be daft, but - to save you programming and re-programming - could you maybe select one url, and one or two browsers, and a recommended version of Windows [dunno about Macs]. That shouldn't be too restrictive - browser downloads are free, and I don't think anyone here is using the steam-driven version of Windows

Well, I'm already not supporting IE6 but beyond that I think it's a bit unrealistic to say you can only use certain browsers, especially for people who've just stumbled across the site. It's also easier than ever to code for all the major browsers so it's just a matter of time before I get this sussed. To be honest, it's only been because of other work that's come up that it's dragged on this long.
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 12/08/2012 :  12:23:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Try clicking around MyFWFR, e.g. your reviews page, accolades or statistics. You should now see your UID in the URL address of the page. I'm similarly going to add this to the actual MyFWFR link.

quote:

Well, I'm already not supporting IE6 but beyond that I think it's a bit unrealistic to say you can only use certain browsers, especially for people who've just stumbled across the site. It's also easier than ever to code for all the major browsers so it's just a matter of time before I get this sussed. To be honest, it's only been because of other work that's come up that it's dragged on this long.

Woof! user id now as you describe! MyFWFR link would be great, too!

Fair enough about fwfr-support.

I'm guess with your recent move, spare time ain't exactly dropping on your head!! Hope you & Mrs benj love the place.

Big juicy thanks!

Go to Top of Page

lemmycaution 
"Long mired in film"

Canada

Posted - 13/08/2012 :  19:41:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today FWFR reopened after I restarted my computer. I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 15/08/2012 :  00:12:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yeah I've had no auto-fourum-logout for a couple of days now.

W7 + FF 14.0.1 and I cleaned out my cache (including active logins) a few days ago.

Edit: Three days later. Still no auto-logout. I'm declaring this issue fixed.

Edited by - Sean on 18/08/2012 06:55:49
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 18/08/2012 :  15:00:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Glad the autologin seems to be sticking on the main site (touch wood). As for the Fourum, I've not looked into that yet so whatever's happened there remains a mystery to me
Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Ireland

Posted - 23/08/2012 :  19:37:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Hi Benj,

a suggestion for the very end of your long list, is there any chance of a box to tick that will notify us of new comments to threads we have commented on?

B
Go to Top of Page

Sean 

New Zealand

Posted - 24/08/2012 :  00:51:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Glad the autologin seems to be sticking on the main site (touch wood). As for the Fourum, I've not looked into that yet so whatever's happened there remains a mystery to me

It's a mystery to me too. The only thing I did differently was to clean out active logins (in additions to history/cache etc), perhaps that 'fixed' it?

Either way, I haven't had an auto-fwfr-logout for as long as I can remember, and now no auto-fourum-logout for 10 days or so now.

W7 + FF 14.0.1
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 31/08/2012 :  13:26:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beanmimo

Hi Benj,

a suggestion for the very end of your long list, is there any chance of a box to tick that will notify us of new comments to threads we have commented on?

B

Should hopefully just be a case of updating the fourum code with a newer version (the current one is several years old). I'll add this to the list
Go to Top of Page

Beanmimo 
"August review site"

Ireland

Posted - 02/09/2012 :  03:36:09  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Benj!!!
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 15/09/2012 :  17:56:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi benj

I'm prob'ly just being v. dense, but is there an easy-peasy way to delete all the PMs on my BaftaBabe page? I've been a total twonk in not EVER deleting anything and there must be bloody thousands of 'em! Or maybe you can just do it for me. Please. Pretty please with sprinkles on top ...

TIA
BB

Go to Top of Page

Sean 

New Zealand

Posted - 15/09/2012 :  22:18:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi benj

I'm prob'ly just being v. dense, but is there an easy-peasy way to delete all the PMs on my BaftaBabe page? I've been a total twonk in not EVER deleting anything and there must be bloody thousands of 'em! Or maybe you can just do it for me. Please. Pretty please with sprinkles on top ...

TIA
BB

Go here

http://www.fwfr.com/user/messages/

and click the "X" thing (to the right of "Received Messages" and left of "Compose").
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 15/09/2012 :  22:53:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi benj - yet again, I'm continually uncovering new delights of the new site!

HOWEVER

Recently I've noticed that when I submit a review and then try to enter a brief explanation - the message says my submission was accepted and it joins my pending list. But if I later - before it's accepted or declined - I re-visit to change the explanation, the previous explanation has disappeared. Strange, n'est-ce pas?!

TIA
BB

Edited by - BaftaBaby on 10/10/2012 09:10:55
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000