Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  00:27:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lemmycaution

First question--How does one access New Reviews? I'm sure it's simple but so am I and it is eluding me.

Not presently available- I'll be adding this to the homepage soon.

quote:

Next--reviews and film titles with letters with diacritics don't seem to work. This was brought up some months ago. Is it fixable?

Now sorted.
Go to Top of Page

Larry 
"Larry's time / sat merrily"

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  02:17:39  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Larry

benj -

I sent you an email with a screenshot a few minutes ago so you could see the problem I'm having. Let me know if you didn't get it, or if you need a different screenshot, and I'll try again.

Also, I can't add new films using their IMDB URLs. I get the message "ERROR - Film not yet confirmed."

BUMP
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  03:46:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I like the new site. It looks swanky, which can only be a good thing.

One issue (two actually, both with accolades):-

a) Here's a pic of my accolade page. Note the accolade titles under 'EARNED' have larger font and are written over the image and ribbon. When I mouse over them, the title drops below the ribbon (and stays dropped) but remains large and un-bold.
Under 'LOST' and 'MINE' the titles are all smaller font, bold, and below the ribbon; I'm guessing they're all supposed to be like this.

b) When I go to edit an accolade (using the grey pencil thing in the top right corner of one of my accolade images) I end up with a blank page, i.e., the top and bottom menu stuff is there but the rest of the page just has the standard 'sandy' background colour.

EDIT: I'm using Windows 7 with Firefox 10.0.2, but I checked with IE8 and it was the same.

Edited by - Sean on 01/03/2012 03:47:34
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  08:33:29  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Benj,

Two One problems:

1. I couldn't change my avatar through the new site and had to go back to the old one. (Sorry, I see how you do this now.)

21. I don't know how to get the link to the FYC reviews on the new site.

Thanks,

(I use Firefox 10 and on this computer where I experienced these problems my OS is Windows XP, BTW.)

Edited by - ChocolateLady on 01/03/2012 08:43:30
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  09:21:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateLady

I don't know how to get the link to the FYC reviews on the new site.

Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean how do you see your FYCs or how do you change them or something else?

Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  10:29:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateLady

I don't know how to get the link to the FYC reviews on the new site.

Not sure what you mean by this. Do you mean how do you see your FYCs or how do you change them or something else?

I can change them just fine. But we used to have that list of where we were ranked among the reviewers on the left side of our "my fwfr" page. Once we had 5 reviews in our FYC lists, we could then click on our own names on that ranking list which would take us to a page that had just our FYC reviews and our statistics. Then we could use the URL of that page as our link for the FYC. I don't see where I can get to just that page anymore.

By the way, speaking of statistics, I was wondering how to add a statistic of my 2012 reviews.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  01:24:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris C

The "old" PM system used to send me an email whenever I was sent a PM. The new system doesn't seem to do this.

Should be working now.

quote:

Both Firefox and IE8 seem to be having trouble showing the funky letter in Seans name, but only on the website. The fourum seems OK.

Fixed.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  01:26:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

After editing a message and sending it, it defaults back to the home page. Can you change it so it stays on the same page?

Can't seem to get this to happen. I'm guessing you're in the messages area of myfwfr. Are you sending a new message or replying to one. Also, could you tell me the browser and version you're using?
Go to Top of Page

Chris C 
"Four words, never backwards."

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  10:41:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Benj: Thanks, I'll get back to you at some point over the weekend.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 

New Zealand

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  10:54:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sean

I like the new site. It looks swanky, which can only be a good thing.

One issue (two actually, both with accolades):-

a) Here's a pic of my accolade page. Note the accolade titles under 'EARNED' have larger font and are written over the image and ribbon. When I mouse over them, the title drops below the ribbon (and stays dropped) but remains large and un-bold.
Under 'LOST' and 'MINE' the titles are all smaller font, bold, and below the ribbon; I'm guessing they're all supposed to be like this.

b) When I go to edit an accolade (using the grey pencil thing in the top right corner of one of my accolade images) I end up with a blank page, i.e., the top and bottom menu stuff is there but the rest of the page just has the standard 'sandy' background colour.

EDIT: I'm using Windows 7 with Firefox 10.0.2, but I checked with IE8 and it was the same.

a) looks fixed. Not b) yet.

Here's a similar one to a) , there are different fonts for Retardead and Shikoku.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 

New Zealand

Posted - 02/03/2012 :  11:06:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
quote:

Both Firefox and IE8 seem to be having trouble showing the funky letter in Seans name, but only on the website. The fourum seems OK.

Fixed.

I'm not sure that it is. Here's another screenshot. But, to be honest I may get rid of the fodha (the thing above my 'a') as it's always (even on the old site) displayed erratically, even in the fourum. Sometimes it displayed correctly and sometimes it didn't, I could never work out why.

Just to complicate matters I changed to "Sean" this morning then changed back again to "Se�n" a few minutes ago.
Go to Top of Page

w22dheartlivie 
"Kitty Lover"

United States

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  08:34:48  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My problem is that twice, I've tried to add new films, and both times, it doesn't add it, then posts a note saying it hadn't been approved yet. Not sure why, but it certainly puts a whammy in my reviewing style, as I tend to sit here and write reviews as I'm watching the film. Right now, I've got a little post-it note thingie on my desktop with the new reviews sitting on it, but I'd like to be able to add the reviews as I write them. Offhand, I can't remember the first film, but the second one was for Kabluey, which isn't a huge film at any rate.
Go to Top of Page

Larry 
"Larry's time / sat merrily"

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  13:47:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartlivie

My problem is that twice, I've tried to add new films, and both times, it doesn't add it, then posts a note saying it hadn't been approved yet. Not sure why, but it certainly puts a whammy in my reviewing style, as I tend to sit here and write reviews as I'm watching the film. Right now, I've got a little post-it note thingie on my desktop with the new reviews sitting on it, but I'd like to be able to add the reviews as I write them. Offhand, I can't remember the first film, but the second one was for Kabluey, which isn't a huge film at any rate.

Try eliminating the "combined" part of the URL. I was having your same problem and that worked for me.

(By the way, I really liked Kabluey... found it to be funny and, in its own twisted way, charming.)
Go to Top of Page

Chris C 
"Four words, never backwards."

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  14:16:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

After editing a message and sending it, it defaults back to the home page. Can you change it so it stays on the same page?

Can't seem to get this to happen. I'm guessing you're in the messages area of myfwfr. Are you sending a new message or replying to one. Also, could you tell me the browser and version you're using?

Seems to be OK now, I'll let you know if it misbehaves again. You should have received two test messages from me.

Thanks
Go to Top of Page

w22dheartlivie 
"Kitty Lover"

United States

Posted - 03/03/2012 :  16:36:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Larry

quote:
Originally posted by wildheartlivie

Try eliminating the "combined" part of the URL. I was having your same problem and that worked for me.

(By the way, I really liked Kabluey... found it to be funny and, in its own twisted way, charming.)

Thanks Larry. Kabluey is a bit twisted, isn't it? I get to see a lot of off the beaten path films with the free weekends Dish Network offers. I'll miss my Dish when I move. It's taken me two years to figure it all out and the new place said no to the satellite dish. :(
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000