The Four Word Film Review Fourum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

Return to my fwfr
Frequently Asked Questions Click for advanced search
 All Forums
 FWFR Related
 Site Features
 Long time coming (or "The new FWFR")...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 24

GHcool 
"Forever a curious character."

Los Angeles, CA, USA

Posted - 27/02/2012 :  20:59:57  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i love the new design!!!!!!
Go to Top of Page

Larry 
"I'm still plugging along."

Posted - 27/02/2012 :  23:05:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

benj -

I sent you an email with a screenshot a few minutes ago so you could see the problem I'm having. Let me know if you didn't get it, or if you need a different screenshot, and I'll try again.

Also, I can't add new films using their IMDB URLs. I get the message "ERROR - Film not yet confirmed."
Go to Top of Page

MguyXV 
"Another X"

Posted - 27/02/2012 :  23:18:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love the new design, but I tried going back to the old design for some housekeeping (at fwxr.com), but I am logged in as Anonymous there, and it does not let me logoff, even though I deleted the domain cookie nd cleared the cache.
Found it!


Edited by - MguyXV on 27/02/2012 23:26:42
Go to Top of Page

Titan14 
"Up your nose..."

United States

Posted - 27/02/2012 :  23:55:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Larry


benj -

I sent you an email with a screenshot a few minutes ago so you could see the problem I'm having. Let me know if you didn't get it, or if you need a different screenshot, and I'll try again.

Also, I can't add new films using their IMDB URLs. I get the message "ERROR - Film not yet confirmed."



I would like a heads up as well
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 27/02/2012 :  23:58:56  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Larry


Also, I can't add new films using their IMDB URLs. I get the message "ERROR - Film not yet confirmed."



This usually means the film has no year of release currently against it on IMDB. Can you check and if this isn't the case please let me know the film(s) you're trying to add.
Go to Top of Page

Larry 
"I'm still plugging along."

Posted - 28/02/2012 :  02:01:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:
Originally posted by Larry


Also, I can't add new films using their IMDB URLs. I get the message "ERROR - Film not yet confirmed."



This usually means the film has no year of release currently against it on IMDB. Can you check and if this isn't the case please let me know the film(s) you're trying to add.



The two films I tried to add this morning are:

BEHIND PRISON GATES (1939)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0031091/combined

KEEP IT KOSHER (2011)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2049481/combined

*******
Never mind. It's working now. All I had to do was eliminate the "combined" part of the URL. (I'm not even sure why that part comes up.)

Edited by - Larry on 28/02/2012 12:34:56
Go to Top of Page

Titan14 
"Up your nose..."

United States

Posted - 28/02/2012 :  12:53:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seems fixed ow. Thanx Benj!
Go to Top of Page

lemmycautxvn 
"Long mired in film."

Posted - 28/02/2012 :  16:52:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The more I use it, the more I like. Thanks, benj.

First question--How does one access New Reviews? I'm sure it's simple but so am I and it is eluding me.

Next--reviews and film titles with letters with diacritics don't seem to work. This was brought up some months ago. Is it fixable?

The new version has much more functionality and this is very welcome.
Go to Top of Page

Chris C 
"Four words, never backwards."

Posted - 28/02/2012 :  18:08:19  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks good, but I've not really had the chance to explore the whole site yet.

MyFWFR tells me I have 1252 messages. Last time I looked there was only about 25 or 30 in the inbox. did you copy a load over from the old database?

Also, I can only delete one at a time. For myself, Cheese_Ed and Sean, deleting messages after the weekly FWTO/FWPT/Avatar comps could become a bit of a chore. Can this be changed?

After editing a message and sending it, it defaults back to the home page. Can you change it so it stays on the same page?

Thanks.

Edited by - Chris C on 28/02/2012 18:23:20
Go to Top of Page

Titan14 
"Up your nose..."

United States

Posted - 29/02/2012 :  12:51:15  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I love how it doesn't take you away from the movie that you just reviewed. One less step of clinking another link back to the movie if you have more than 1 review.
Go to Top of Page

Titan14 
"Up your nose..."

United States

Posted - 29/02/2012 :  12:52:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris C



After editing a message and sending it, it defaults back to the home page. Can you change it so it stays on the same page?

Thanks.



Just like it does when submitting reviews
Go to Top of Page

Chris C 
"Four words, never backwards."

Posted - 29/02/2012 :  13:14:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The "old" PM system used to send me an email whenever I was sent a PM. The new system doesn't seem to do this. As my phone is a bit old and clunky, it has trouble with the new site, so it makes it more difficult for me to check my messages/emails to see who's voted etc.


Both Firefox and IE8 seem to be having trouble showing the funky letter in Seans name, but only on the website. The fourum seems OK.

Edited by - Chris C on 29/02/2012 13:20:14
Go to Top of Page

Airbolt 
"teil mann, teil maschine"

somewhere

Posted - 29/02/2012 :  17:47:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that it's nice that the old site is available.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  00:20:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris C

The "old" PM system used to send me an email whenever I was sent a PM. The new system doesn't seem to do this. As my phone is a bit old and clunky, it has trouble with the new site, so it makes it more difficult for me to check my messages/emails to see who's voted etc.



Noted- will be sorting this soon.

quote:

Both Firefox and IE8 seem to be having trouble showing the funky letter in Seans name, but only on the website. The fourum seems OK.



I suspect this was probably an issue on all browsers. Note I said 'was'- should be sorted now
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 01/03/2012 :  00:24:38  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Chris C

MyFWFR tells me I have 1252 messages. Last time I looked there was only about 25 or 30 in the inbox. did you copy a load over from the old database?

Also, I can only delete one at a time. For myself, Cheese_Ed and Sean, deleting messages after the weekly FWTO/FWPT/Avatar comps could become a bit of a chore. Can this be changed?



Noted- will be sorting both these.

quote:

After editing a message and sending it, it defaults back to the home page. Can you change it so it stays on the same page?



Wasn't aware this was happening (should indeed be working the same way as submitting reviews, i.e. stays on the same page)- will also get this fixed.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 24 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2013 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000