jerry lewis movie, i think
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

damalc 
"last watched: Sausage Party"

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  05:34:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i vaguely remember a scene in a movie where everything in the room is made of some slick material, vinyl i think, and a character, Lewis, i think, has to cross the room and ends up slipping and sliding everywhere.
what movie is this? or am i having a memory of a dream from some bourbon-induced rem sleep?

Shiv 
"What a Wonderful World"

Kimberleys, Western Australia

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  07:09:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can't help you with that, but for some reason it brought to mind a less disturbing image of Fred Astaire tap dancing on sand to help his lady love fall asleep in the room below.
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  10:06:40  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by damalc

i vaguely remember a scene in a movie where everything in the room is made of some slick material, vinyl i think, and a character, Lewis, i think, has to cross the room and ends up slipping and sliding everywhere.
what movie is this? or am i having a memory of a dream from some bourbon-induced rem sleep?

Hi damalc

I have a feeling this might be Cracking Up. If you find it on the amazon page there's a user comment that refers to slippery floors.
Hope this helps.

Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  10:09:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shiv

Can't help you with that, but for some reason it brought to mind a less disturbing image of Fred Astaire tap dancing on sand to help his lady love fall asleep in the room below.

I'm pretty sure this is Top Hat, but maybe Chokkie knows for better sure.

Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  11:35:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaftaBabe

quote:

Correct - the song he danced to was called "No Strings". It wasn't to help her fall asleep, but because she complained that his dancing was keeping her awake, so he puts the sand down so he can dance without disturbing her.

Edited by - ChocolateLady on 08/09/2007 11:36:12
Go to Top of Page

Shiv 
"What a Wonderful World"

Kimberleys, Western Australia

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  12:29:08  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateLady

quote:

quote:

Correct - the song he danced to was called "No Strings". It wasn't to help her fall asleep, but because she complained that his dancing was keeping her awake, so he puts the sand down so he can dance without disturbing her.

Ah, thanks for that.
Go to Top of Page

damalc 
"last watched: Sausage Party"

Posted - 08/09/2007 :  18:54:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by damalc

Hi damalc

I have a feeling this might be Cracking Up. If you find it on the amazon page there's a user comment that refers to slippery floors.
Hope this helps.

i think BB is right. a message on imdb refers to the plastic room scene. unfortunately my favorite video store, known for keeping hard to find titles, doesn't have it in their online catalogue. i'll have to figure out something else. thanx baffy.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000