My question is first up!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  13:26:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As some of you Brits will know, I'm one of the commissioned question-setters for Round Britain Quiz, the UKs oldest quiz programme. Believe me question setting is a breeze compared with trying to answer these fiendish posers.

You can find out all about the show here, as well as listen to the opening programme of the series.

I'm very proud that the very first question of the series is one of mine! The team needed some help, but got it in the end.

I don't think you'll be able to hear the show unless you pay the BBC license fee, but if you do live here -- Enjoy!

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 05/08/2010 :  15:20:02  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's an F.W.F.R.-related question, is it? No wonder they found it hard!
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  08:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Very good question!
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 06/08/2010 :  09:38:55  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ChocolateLady

Very good question!

Thanks! I just love coming up with these. They always commission more than they can use, but my quota is 20 per series. Which keeps me busy throughout the year, let me tell you!

Paul Bajoria, the producer is a true mensch, and also writes wonderful children's novels, set in 18th c London and the India of his ancestors.

But it's the teams I really admire - for the breadth of their knowledge and - though each team is pitted against another - their spirit of intellectual cooperation. So refreshing!

It's also the only broadcast quiz I know of where the pedantic and rather boring attribution of facts matters almost not at all in favour of forming witty connections between unexpected ingredients.

I guess that's what inspired the passion of my piece on education in the Morning Star. And, thanks, too, for your welcome comments on that!

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000