Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Chris C 
"Four words, never backwards."

Posted - 06/08/2011 :  14:26:20  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Reviews and comments on Part 1 can be found here.

Has anyone seen this yet apart from us? We saw it just before we went on holiday, in 3D (not my choice).

It's a much better film than part 1, and a fitting conclusion to the series. It is dark, visually and story-wise, but there are some unexpected moments of light relief. The battle scenes are well done, everybody plays their part, and the acting is reasonable. There is a slight air of sadness over the whole thing, as everyone involved knows that the series is drawing to a close. I'll not post any spoilers, but if you're an HP fan then you will know what to expect. For those who aren't, it's a fitting end to the series.

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 21/08/2011 :  01:04:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I loved it. A wonderful ending. Most of the major actors got at least a curtain call, it never flagged [unlike Part I, to which fell the responsibility of showing this endless camping trip that also dragged the book down], the money's all on the screen. We saw it in 2-D, but had no problem imagining the foreground effects.

My two favorite films in the series, in fact, were this and the very first, which was lifted by the delightful conceit of a school for magic and all the childlike exuberance that entails. Then, too, you think about the three main actors, whom we've known for half their lives [Emma Watson even wears something lower-cut here; when did all that happen?]. It's like watching children grow up, because it is watching children grow up.

We were thoroughly satisfied by one of the, if not the, shortest films in the series, and as Tony Scott said, just because it's a blockbuster doesn't mean it can't be good too. Well done.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000