Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  13:11:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Im not sure how many Fwiffers use netflix and how many more live stream movies? I dont even know if Netflix exists outside North America. I was wondering if anyone wanted a weekly or monthly viewing club? There are plenty of odd movies out there on Netflix. I saw they newly added Teeth to the lists and if you read the FWFRs, this is quite a movie. Let me know what you guys think!!!!

Edited by - TitanPa on 25/02/2011 13:13:06

GHcool 
"Forever a curious character."

Los Angeles, CA, USA

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  17:47:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd be up to it if it was a once-a-month type of thing. I don't have time to watch Netflix movies as quickly as we change FYC's or some of the other stuff we do on the fourum.
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 24/02/2011 :  18:05:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was leaning more towards a monthy club as well. I wasnt thinking of a review club. Just a club to watch and talk abou thte movie and maybe while talking to each other.....reviews will come to mind.
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  01:30:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've long been thinking of doing a film club sort of thing - choose a film, watch (or rewatch) by a certain date and then discuss it. With a month it would certainly be easy to source or find pretty much anything even if you weren't on Netflix (which I'm not). I'd be happy for it to be fortnightly though. People could always skip whenever they wanted (like a book club) but it would keep it interesting.
Go to Top of Page

GHcool 
"Forever a curious character."

Los Angeles, CA, USA

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  02:14:34  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by demonic

I've long been thinking of doing a film club sort of thing - choose a film, watch (or rewatch) by a certain date and then discuss it. With a month it would certainly be easy to source or find pretty much anything even if you weren't on Netflix (which I'm not). I'd be happy for it to be fortnightly though. People could always skip whenever they wanted (like a book club) but it would keep it interesting.

I'd be fine with that.
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  03:26:24  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by demonic

I had to look up 'fortnightly' lol. im cool with it as well. But we need more interest.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  03:35:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm keen. Netflix doesn't exist in NZ but that shouldn't be a problem, as long as the movie is available some other way (and most will be).

Edit: It could be a good idea to rename the thread (get rid of the word "Netflix" which kinda excludes any non-Nth Americans).

Edited by - Sean on 25/02/2011 03:36:51
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  12:30:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Count me in. We don't have NetFlix here, but something similar called LoveFilm (they added Teeth to their selection of streamable movies a couple of months back).
Go to Top of Page

bife 
"Winners never quit ... fwfr ... "

Singapore

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  13:19:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm in

I didn't know a fortnight was a UK concept
Go to Top of Page

Cheese_Ed 
"The Provolone Ranger"

Guernsey

Posted - 25/02/2011 :  13:47:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm a big NetFlixer, so I'd probably be keen to join now and then.
Go to Top of Page

[matt] 
"Cinemattic."

United Kingdom

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  13:15:49  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Nice idea. I'd be up for that.

quote:
Originally posted by GHcool

I'd be up to it if it was a once-a-month type of thing. I don't have time to watch Netflix movies as quickly as we change FYC's or some of the other stuff we do on the fourum.

I also probably wouldn't be able to do it every fortnight, but people like us could just do every other one, or whenever we have time.
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 26/02/2011 :  23:44:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like this idea might have legs.
Go to Top of Page

w22dheartlivie 
"Kitty Lover"

United States

Posted - 27/02/2011 :  08:35:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd be interested in this to an extent also. I have put my Netflix on hiatus but have considered reupping it once I start getting my SSI check on the direct express debit card. It's interesting to me. I often times watch something that's fairly old on my satellite and get keen to comment on it, like I'm about to do for Chicago, which I just watched.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 28/02/2011 :  00:48:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bife

I didn't know a fortnight was a UK concept

I didn't know that either, but students of English do seem to be astounded that there is a word for it.

Good idea, TitanPa. However, I won't be able to participate as I don't have a television, a D.V.D. player, a computer or indeed an address!
Go to Top of Page

Cheese_Ed 
"The Provolone Ranger"

Guernsey

Posted - 15/03/2011 :  13:01:18  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Are gonna do it or just talk about it?

I have an idea for a movie, it just came up on Instant Watch:
Jean-Luc Godard's Alphaville (1965) starring (our own?) Lemmy Caution.

http://movies.netflix.com/Movie/Alphaville/246062#height2173

Anybody else have that one on their list?
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 15/03/2011 :  14:17:22  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I thought we would start with Teeth. But yours is fine too. I just cant take much reading during a movie. lol. When should the viewing and commenting begin?? We decided on bi weekly....right?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000