Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Cheese_Ed 
"The Provolone Ranger"

Guernsey

Posted - 15/03/2011 :  16:52:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Either way is fine. I don't think I'll re-watch Teeth, but I can join the conversation since I saw it just a few months ago.

Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 15/03/2011 :  23:38:26  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The main issue to consider is the accessibility to those who want to take part - Netflix is obviously only for the North American contingent. I'd have to have a look see if the films we're considering are available elsewhere, but there are a surprising number of films available to watch on Youtube and elsewhere that we can all watch.

Edit: yes, it looks like both are readily available to view either "legally" or "illegally" online. It's Tuesday. Two weeks time to view and post thoughts on "Teeth" then? How's that bite everyone.

Edited by - demonic on 15/03/2011 23:46:09
Go to Top of Page

GHcool 
"Forever a curious character."

Los Angeles, CA, USA

Posted - 15/03/2011 :  23:49:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by demonic

Two weeks time to view and post thoughts on "Teeth" then? How's that bite everyone.

I think I'll sit this one out then. I have no desire to see Teeth. Enjoy this round without me. I'll join in next time.
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  00:07:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Obviously we'll have to come up with some method of choosing who chooses every fortnight. I've just thought that if we can plan ahead, and the people who'd like to be regular contributors all suggest a film they'd like to highlight, we could actually set the future titles which would provide extra time for the viewing and reviewing.

Using the pattern of posted answers to this thread - which seems as fair a selection process as any unless anyone else feels otherwise - it would mean the selection of films would run TitanPA, GHCool, me, Sean, Benj, Bife, Cheese_Ed, [matt] and then Livie.

Thoughts?
Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  10:31:51  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Se�n

I'm keen. Netflix doesn't exist in NZ but that shouldn't be a problem, as long as the movie is available some other way (and most will be).

Edit: It could be a good idea to rename the thread (get rid of the word "Netflix" which kinda excludes any non-Nth Americans).

I'd love to join but I don't think I'd find the movies at all here. But I can try...
Go to Top of Page

Cheese_Ed 
"The Provolone Ranger"

Guernsey

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  11:52:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sounds like a plan!

Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  13:56:33  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll happily join in if you've chosen something I've seen - otherwise I'm sure I'll enjoy reading your take on whatever. Even Teeth!

Go to Top of Page

GHcool 

Los Angeles, CA, USA

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  16:15:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Using the pattern of posted answers to this thread - which seems as fair a selection process as any unless anyone else feels otherwise - it would mean the selection of films would run TitanPA, GHCool, me, Sean, Benj, Bife, Cheese_Ed, [matt] and then Livie.

I like this idea.
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  16:52:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Choccy and Baffy: "Teeth" can be found, if you want to watch it, in ten bite sized chunks on Youtube.

GHCool: Excellent. Rack your curious mind for your film selection and we can start to plan ahead.
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  16:54:37  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We can have another thread. A list of movies people could possibly want to see and then later to pick from.

So has it been decided? Teeth? Comments in 2 weeks?
Go to Top of Page

GHcool 

Los Angeles, CA, USA

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  17:07:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

GHCool: Excellent. Rack your curious mind for your film selection and we can start to plan ahead.

Double Indemnity (1944)
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  19:09:11  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
maybe we should start a thread for those movies to add to the list.
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  21:01:30  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's going to be a personal choice so probably easier for people to select each film according to their own interests. I have to say if we were to make a selection list it may either end up being huge or too prescriptive.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  21:24:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The problem with availability disappears if you forget about legality. I worked that out when hunting for banned movies on my "to watch" list; virtually everything is available to download. I don't consider it piracy if you illegally watch a movie that is unavailable through legal channels; i.e., the owner is not missing out on anything.

So I guess people can make the movies as obscure as they want, I'll get them one way or the other.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 16/03/2011 :  22:49:23  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, so I guess we should have a thread for each movie. I suggest the chooser of the current fortnight's movie starts a thread entitled something like:-

MVC 1: Teeth

then next round

MVC 2: Double Indemnity

or something. I guess threads should be in the Film section?

And keep general discussions such as about who gets to choose the next topic in this section?

And naturally demonic's list is a good place to start:-

TitanPA
GHCool
demonic
Sean
Benj
Bife
Cheese_Ed
[matt]
wildheartlivie

regardless, I've just netflixed Teeth.
Go to Top of Page