Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 5

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  10:20:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK I've just watched Teeth.

So what's the score with the dates then? How about twice per month, say we have the 1st and 15th of every month the due-dates for posting reviews/discussions etc. If so, when's the due date for Teeth? Have people had time to watch this one, i.e., by Friday next week (April 1st)? If not, then perhaps the 15th and go from there?
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  11:12:41  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by demonic

Choccy and Baffy: "Teeth" can be found, if you want to watch it, in ten bite sized chunks on Youtube.

GHCool: Excellent. Rack your curious mind for your film selection and we can start to plan ahead.

Uhm ... there are a handful of clips some claiming to be from the film, others a parody of it. The one that looks legit with the Universal logo says it was removed for copyright reasons. There's a fowarding url, but you can't get in until you join something. So, sorry guys, maybe next time, eh?!

Go to Top of Page

Sean 

New Zealand

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  11:20:32  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I imagine Teeth would be widely available. I.e., local corner video store etc.
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  13:01:52  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Se�n

I imagine Teeth would be widely available. I.e., local corner video store etc.

Ah yes, if only I had a local corner. I'm afraid if BAFTA hasn't sent me the DVD or it's not online or on t.v. I'm toothless!

I have recently been able to get out for short bursts of time, but that's still a bit dodgy. I wouldn't even know where the nearest town was with a vid store ... shock horror It is gorgeous here where I live, but it is sort of the middle of nowhere. The local cinema is on one of those so-called leisure estates - also in the middle of nowhere - modest multi-plex, pub with grub, bowling, & gym. No shops. Oh, how deprived I be.

Of course, you're welcome to visit at any time ... and you can bring your copy of Teeth, too!!

Edited by - BaftaBaby on 22/03/2011 13:04:32
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 22/03/2011 :  16:18:27  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

OK, so I guess we should have a thread for each movie. I suggest the chooser of the current fortnight's movie starts a thread entitled something like:-

MVC 1: Teeth

then next round

MVC 2: Double Indemnity

or something. I guess threads should be in the Film section?

And keep general discussions such as about who gets to choose the next topic in this section?

And naturally demonic's list is a good place to start:-

TitanPA
GHCool
demonic
Sean
Benj
Bife
Cheese_Ed
[matt]
wildheartlivie

regardless, I've just netflixed Teeth.

Sounds good Sean. I think we should wait until the 1st. Think it would help others who cant get the movie right away. As far as the discussions are concerned We should talk about them normally like we do in the Film section of the Fourums. Dont pu the club in the title, since we dont want to leave anyone out who also might want to join in on the talk...but mention it in the body of the discussion but invite other who would like to chat about the movie.
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  00:03:00  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaftaBabe

quote:

Choccy and Baffy: "Teeth" can be found, if you want to watch it, in ten bite sized chunks on Youtube.

GHCool: Excellent. Rack your curious mind for your film selection and we can start to plan ahead.

Uhm ... there are a handful of clips some claiming to be from the film, others a parody of it. The one that looks legit with the Universal logo says it was removed for copyright reasons. There's a fowarding url, but you can't get in until you join something. So, sorry guys, maybe next time, eh?!

I feel particularly cheeky doing this, but given the circumstances... is this one not working for you Choccy?
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  00:10:28  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TitanPa

quote:

OK, so I guess we should have a thread for each movie. I suggest the chooser of the current fortnight's movie starts a thread entitled something like:-

MVC 1: Teeth

then next round

MVC 2: Double Indemnity

or something. I guess threads should be in the Film section?

And keep general discussions such as about who gets to choose the next topic in this section?

And naturally demonic's list is a good place to start:-

TitanPA
GHCool
demonic
Sean
Benj
Bife
Cheese_Ed
[matt]
wildheartlivie

regardless, I've just netflixed Teeth.

Sounds good Sean. I think we should wait until the 1st. Think it would help others who cant get the movie right away. As far as the discussions are concerned We should talk about them normally like we do in the Film section of the Fourums. Dont pu the club in the title, since we dont want to leave anyone out who also might want to join in on the talk...but mention it in the body of the discussion but invite other who would like to chat about the movie.

Agreed. The 1st should be plenty of time. I also agreed we should discuss in the usual film fourum - but I would be inclined to mark it out differently to the other film discussions as it would be a bit more likely to generate conversation - and also make it easier to identify what the current film under discussion for the MVC (a neat little acronym) is without the need for a "master" thread. I think titling a thread "MVC #1: Teeth" would encourage people to comment and generate interest rather than scare people off.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 

New Zealand

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  01:53:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yep I think there're a few advantages in a prefix:-
- It makes it stand out so is easy for participants to find.
- It makes it easier in the future to find them in a search, i.e., search for "MVC" and all the relevant threads will be listed.
- It may encourage others to read and participate in future rounds.
- It's not exclusive of course; all fwfrers are invited at any time. I.e., it's open to everyone in the way that FYCTH, FWPT, Avatar comps etc are.

I'm still confused about what's happening on the 1st. I guess what I'm suggesting is that a round starts on the 1st and 15th every month, and goes something like:-

- The one whose turn it is to start a round starts the thread, e.g., "MVC 1: Teeth".
- People spend the next two weeks watching and commenting on it when they've watched it. Everyone is invited. Those who don't want spoilers don't read the thread until they've watched it. Make sure NO spoilers are in the title post.
- Half a month later the next in line starts the next thread.

So, when you guys are saying the 1st, does that mean "Teeth" is finishing or starting then? If it's finishing then, then the thread should be started ASAP, right?
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 23/03/2011 :  13:41:47  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, "Teeth" is finishing on the 1st... so we're watching and can be reviewing from now. It's TitanPA's thread to start - do the honours, good sir.
Go to Top of Page

Tori 
"I don't get it...."

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  05:30:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd be up for it. I may not watch all of them, but I will try to participate. :D

Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  12:13:46  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks to dom's link I've now seen this sucker, uhm I mean this biter, uhm .. oh you know! Just in time.

Go to Top of Page

ChocolateLady 
"500 Chocolate Delights"

Israel

Posted - 31/03/2011 :  13:09:31  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I feel particularly cheeky doing this, but given the circumstances... is this one not working for you Choccy?

Well, shiver me timbers, it does work!

(Now I just have to find time to watch them all. Thanks.)
Go to Top of Page

demonic 
"Cinemaniac"

United Kingdom

Posted - 02/04/2011 :  02:26:04  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As you may well have spotted the first thread's up and waiting for your input. I've also decided on my selection for MVC #3 - Dreyer's silent classic from the 20s "The Passion of Joan of Arc" which I watched for the first time recently online and have been encouraging film loving friends to watch since. Now I can encourage all of you as well.

Totally bizarrely, and after I'd decided on my choice, I got an email this evening from the Southbank Centre in London telling me that there is a screening of this very "Joan of Arc" on April 28th in the Queen Elizabeth Hall with a new score written (and played live) by members of the bands Portishead and Goldfrapp. I'm definitely going, and if anyone else based in London is interested, book a ticket quickly as it's only on for one night and given the cinematic and musical interest it will very likely sell out. Great chance for British Movie Viewing Clubbers to see the film in a rare FWFR cultural outing too!

http://ticketing.southbankcentre.co.uk/find/hayward-gallery-and-visual-arts/tickets/the-passion-of-joan-of-arc-57344
Go to Top of Page

randall 
"I like to watch."

NYC, USA

Posted - 04/04/2011 :  01:44:17  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think this is a great idea but will wait for one I've seen.
Go to Top of Page

TitanPa 
"Here four more"

United States

Posted - 09/04/2011 :  05:55:01  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sorry for not starting the topic thread. The doc has cleared me for a desk jab and am working hours I dont normally work. I will try to watch soon. You have better verse than I do Demonic. So I am glad you started the thread. Cant wait til its my turn to choose the movie again. I should watch Teeth soon I hope

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000