Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  09:57:14  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sean

Secondly, I just scored that movie (The Bridge). It had a score of 0, I scored it 5 but the movie score doesn't update (like it normally does). It's still sitting on 0 even after a few refreshes. I scored it half an hour ago. BTW the stars have gone silver showing that I've scored it. I also tried changing score a few times, it changes the number of silver stars but the movie score remains 0.

Thanks for letting me know- scoring should be working as expected now.
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  09:59:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since the changeover, I sometimes but not always get messages like this when trying to access e.g. My F.W.F.R. on www.fwxr.com:

ADODB.Recordset error '800a0cc1'

Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

/./common/prebuild.asp, line 252

I understand that that's not the proper site, but just wanted to let you know.
Go to Top of Page

Sean 
"Necrosphenisciform anthropophagist."

New Zealand

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  10:07:16  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by benj clews

quote:
Originally posted by Sean

Secondly, I just scored that movie (The Bridge). It had a score of 0, I scored it 5 but the movie score doesn't update (like it normally does). It's still sitting on 0 even after a few refreshes. I scored it half an hour ago. BTW the stars have gone silver showing that I've scored it. I also tried changing score a few times, it changes the number of silver stars but the movie score remains 0.

Thanks for letting me know- scoring should be working as expected now.

Yep, fixed. Search also fixed. Thanks for the quick work.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  10:10:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

Since the changeover, I sometimes but not always get messages like this when trying to access e.g. My F.W.F.R. on www.fwxr.com:

Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal.

No problem- that should be resolved now too.
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 
"Always entranced by cinema."

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  15:46:25  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[br

PLEASE don't say this is just me ... couldn't get on the site all day yesterday, so figured you were changing servers. Haven't been able to check till just now - have read the posts - but am finding it can take up to a minute to change pages. E.G. I went to Reviews page and registered that I'd voted. Then clicked All Forums - nearly a minute to bring up the list. Then chose Site Maint in order to write this message - nearly another minute to change pages.

Using Chrome, Windows 7 Pro, on pretty fast PC - all latest versions of software. I'll keep track. It's now about 15.45 so dunno if US traffic has snarled. YIKES!

PS Thanks, as ever, for all your fwfr devotion.
PPS - Hope you had a great holiday!

Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  16:08:06  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaftaBabe

quote:
[br

PLEASE don't say this is just me ... couldn't get on the site all day yesterday, so figured you were changing servers. Haven't been able to check till just now - have read the posts - but am finding it can take up to a minute to change pages. E.G. I went to Reviews page and registered that I'd voted. Then clicked All Forums - nearly a minute to bring up the list. Then chose Site Maint in order to write this message - nearly another minute to change pages.

Using Chrome, Windows 7 Pro, on pretty fast PC - all latest versions of software. I'll keep track. It's now about 15.45 so dunno if US traffic has snarled. YIKES!

PS Thanks, as ever, for all your fwfr devotion.
PPS - Hope you had a great holiday!

Okay, maybe a bit of full disclosure on what I've done so far might help us to figure out if there's any improvement here...

I haven't move the site code anywhere (yet)- I've only moved the database as I suspect this is the cause of most the speed issues. Now, FWFR is actually made of two databases: the main site and the fourum and, due to the size of this whole undertaking, I've only moved the main site database (so far). In other words, if there's any speed improvements to be found, they'll be on the main site (old and new) but not in the fourum.

From what you've said it sounds like the speed issues you found were all in the fourum (feel free to correct me if not).

And yes- had a great holiday thanks. Sun and programming- sheer bliss
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  17:45:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

From what you've said it sounds like the speed issues you found were all in the fourum (feel free to correct me if not).

Well, sort of. It was when I posted, but just checked main site - @17.43 - and it's not exactly zippy, though a tad faster than when it was sssssssssslllllllllllllll00000000000000000wwwwwwwwwww.

Clicked from Myfwfr to a film title and back again. Myfwfr 2nd time loaded a blank page pretty quickly, then popped up the white headings, and then nothing - no data to populate the page. Did a refresh and tried again and it worked okay.

BaffledBabe!

Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 31/03/2014 :  18:15:42  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BaftaBabe

quote:

Well, sort of. It was when I posted, but just checked main site - @17.43 - and it's not exactly zippy, though a tad faster than when it was sssssssssslllllllllllllll00000000000000000wwwwwwwwwww.

Clicked from Myfwfr to a film title and back again. Myfwfr 2nd time loaded a blank page pretty quickly, then popped up the white headings, and then nothing - no data to populate the page. Did a refresh and tried again and it worked okay.

BaffledBabe!

I can at least explain that last bit. Because of the way the site's currently written the content loads after the initial page has loaded and some browsers deal with this in different ways upon clicking Back- some reload that content, some pull it from their cache and others don't bother loading the content at all until the page is properly refreshed.

So far I've found the site generally faster, apart from odd moments when it runs slow. I think we still need to see how this latest change holds up once it's bedded in but beyond that I have quite a few more tricks to try yet...
Go to Top of Page

SixFourian 
"Four ever European"

The European Union

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  03:35:36  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Salopian

No problem- that should be resolved now too.

Thanks. However, now I get this (consistently) when I try to go to My reviews:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e37'

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'vReviewersReviews'.

/common/db.asp, line 31
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 01/04/2014 :  11:40:45  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]Originally posted by Salopian
Thanks. However, now I get this (consistently) when I try to go to My reviews:

Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80040e37'

[Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Invalid object name 'vReviewersReviews'.

/common/db.asp, line 31

Should be fixed now.
Go to Top of Page

benj clews 
"...."

United Kingdom

Posted - 05/04/2014 :  14:52:54  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Okay, the Fourum's switched to the new server now- any improvement?
Go to Top of Page

BaftaBaby 

Posted - 05/04/2014 :  17:46:12  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Okay, the Fourum's switched to the new server now- any improvement?

Looking good, Mr benj ... I'll keep an eye on it. BIGTIME thanx!

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Send Topic to a Friend
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Four Word Film Review Fourum © 1999-2024 benj clews Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000